Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Call of Duty 4 discussion (no console)

I've been playing cod4 alot, and love it. I think its one of the best FPS multiplayer games out right now.

What class setups do you guys use?
Any tips or tricks you found?

I tried many setups with different guns (yes lvl 55)
I ended up with this one:
m16 w/red dot w/ digi camo
Desert eagle
flash bang
x3 frags
Stopping power (very important)
Martyrdom

i find this is the best setup for me. m16 is the most accurate assault rifle in the game, and it has a 3 round burst, which for me is great. All other guns are automatic which lose accuracy when you're spraying and may give you a bad habit of spraying-and-praying. The m16 forces you to pace your shots accurately and effectively. Puts you in the habit to pace yourself and aim first before firing. Also this gun gives you great short and long range performance.

Stopping power is very important, because the 3 round burst's pause in between bursts can get u killed. This perk allows me to take a target down with 1 well placed burst.

Martyrdom is a great perk for getting high # of kills. I myself have died to this perk many times.

A good tip and pretty obv one is to learn to quickly crouch or prone and shoot your target if you find yourself suddenly facing one.

other setup i like is ak47 with steady shot, dont like the recoil, accuracy deviates too much once you start spraying.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Call of Duty 4 discussion (no console)

One thing i wanna add, perks that i think are for nubs:

Sleight of hand - why would u waste a perk slot to reload faster? maybe if you're a dedicated spray-and-pray nub, run, spray, run and reload then spray again lol.
Last stand - waste of perk slot good players will pwn u when u lay there shooting your pistol, gives no advantage at all.
Juggernaught - u dont need more health if you're a good player. if u feel u need more health, u need to reevaluate your game and practice more.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:27 PM

you realize console gamers have access to the same perks and weapons right?

Sleight of Hand: You are wrong here sir. The Sleight of Hand can significantly increase the reload time for Light Machine Guns. LMGs aren't my favorite, but when I do use them, I use Sleight of Hand because reload times are so fast.

Last Stand: Are you kidding me? Waste of a perk? Last Stand > Martydom because it has more success. Martydom will kill noobies that are playing the game for the very first time, beyond that, everyone knows to stay back and avoid running over a corpse. Last Stand is amazing for games like Domination too. With Last Stand, you lay there and you can still capture the flag. This has saved my bacon numerous times.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last Stand: Are you kidding me? Waste of a perk? Last Stand > Martydom because it has more success. Martydom will kill noobies that are playing the game for the very first time, beyond that, everyone knows to stay back and avoid running over a corpse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. I've tried out last stand the last day or two, and it seems like I'm getting shot after I'm "dead" so I don't get much chance to get a shot off. But when they keep shooting they die to my grenade usually. I have more of a success rate with martyrdom than last stand.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:18 PM

Last stand sucks because you almost always get killed before you get a chance to shoot. The reticule is slow as well.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:08 PM

Also, I assume EvilHypnotoad is from 2+2 until proven otherwise.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:29 AM

A setup I've been experimenting with has been mini-uzi w/ silencer (may change to MP5), bandolier, UAV jammer, and dead silence (least favorite of the three but it fits the theme of fast and quiet). This seems to work good in large domination games in the urban areas where you have people trying to snipe that you can sneak up on. Never know what em.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:15 PM

I will play with a bunch of different set-ups, depending on what level we are in, and what others are using. If 5 people are sniping, dont snipe.

Favorite:
G3 w/ red dot
DE
Claymores
Stopping Power
Deep impact

I think that last stand is just barely better than martydom, but I dont get manmy kills with either of those. People are learning how to counter these much better than when the game first came out. Even the noobs are sprinting away from the grenades, and almost nobody stops shooting you if you have last stand. I think these two perks are best in a free for all, because many times people dont have the time to pay attention to you after you go down.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:22 PM

Right now I'm using 2 set ups:

Mini-Uzi
M911
Flash grenade (is stun or smoke better?)
Claymores x2
Stopping Power
Last Stand

My other setup is:
M603 with ACOG
M911
Flash Grenade
Claymores
Stopping Power
Martyrdom

I'm pretty sure these aren't optimal, I'm level 29, and I can't think of anything better.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:16 PM

my favorite setup is: M16 w/red dot, RPG, Stopping Power, Martyrdom