Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2007, 06:29 AM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If AP's intentions were to truly come clean and attempt to make a fresh start they would have asked Nat to join the audit team rather than participate in a PR meet-and-greet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I mean... I can appreciate that everyone is trying to surmise AP's thoughts and all, but c'mon, are you being serious?

Don't you think it would look pretty weird if AP started suggesting to the auditors who they wanted to be auditing them? It's bad enough that ownership is so muddied that it pretty much looks like they're auditing themselves (I can't figure out if that is/isn't true), it would look even worse if AP tried to put certain people on the audit team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I'm serious. You're not any old "certain people." You're one of the key people who exposed their cheating. How do you mean "look pretty wierd?" I'm pretty sure the vast majority of anyone interested in this situation would feel that an audit with you involved would have far more legitimacy than otherwise. Since as you say it looks like they are auditing themselves.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure the vast majority of anyone interested in this situation would feel that an audit with you involved would have far more legitimacy than otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Traditionally in the Western Capitalist world, organisations that are the subject of externally ordered audits to investigate fraud do not have the power to request the inclusion of unqualified outsiders to an audit team.

The audit committees that I've sat on would never even dream of insisting on the inclusion of particular outsiders to an audit team.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:10 AM

Sometimes I forget that many of the posters on this board have very little "real life" experience. Most of the objections to Nat going can be summarized as 1) OMG AP won't be forthcoming 2) OMG they are trying a publicity stunt 3) OMG they are trying to bribe him. I'm not going to address the statement that suggest he's not qualified, because they don't merit a response.

Guess what? You guys are probably right. I suspect AP wil not be perfectly forthcoming; I suspect that this is a publicity stunt; and they may think some smack will change Nat. So what? Even if he comes back and says, "they wouldn't let me see anything," that is significant information. And if they just want this to be a "meet and greet," as opposed to a serious inquiry into what happened, then that is significant information.

There is no downside. Please reconsider, and go.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:21 AM

I guess no one said ZOMFGBBQ NAT MUSTNT GO §§§§ since like 40 pages ago.
There are only people who reacts to those who said ZOMFGBBQ NAT MUSTNT GO §§§§ 50 pages ago that maintain the ZOMFGBBQ NAT MUSTNT GO §§§§ myth.
Can we go on now please ?

Well, on the subject, I guess other people told you, but Nat, you should really consider, if not already, to take "bodyguards" with you and have scheduled phone calls with a trusted person to ensure your safety.
It's so easy to disapear in countries like CR, don't go anywhere alone, don't take unknown cabs...

One could argue : "LOLILOL they can't harm Nat, everyone will know", like people argued "LOLILOL, no poker room will ever cheat, it would ruin their business". Poker room have cheated and as far as I can tell, they will live long and prosper anyway. If you had an "accident", there would be a lot of presumptions who did it, but no proof if they just hire a local cocaine baron to do the work.

To summarize : be extremly cautious.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:26 AM

oh going back to the purpose of this thread please give nat some useful questions to ask. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]its a shame you cant take APs money for the trip cos over people over reacting in these threads. absolute has done wrong its up to them to prove to the online world with 100% transparency that they are starting fresh, if they dont then they will surley die a slow death.when nat gets there what "they" dont say will be as much of a tell as what "they" do say. im 100% behind nat/and/snag or whoever going [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 11:09 AM

I must say the way this investigation/coverup is heading is quite disturbing to an outsider as myself.

Is anyone else here concerned that Nat is now on the AP payroll(getting paid inderctly from AP through another media outlet), and releasing their official statements?
Why can't their own employees do their own PR campaign, release their own statements, and actually have a dialogue here with their customers? Instead of immediatly agreeing to Nat's pay request and have him be the posterboy for saving AP? Of course they are going to pay Nat whatever he asks for to help them. He probably could of (and might have) asked for $1 million, and they would instantly agree. They know everyone here trusts him and everything he says, and AP at this point has nothing to lose by paying him. And if he is their new spokesperson, releasing reports, statements, etc., AP may have a chance to make a comeback with some. Its not like they can have Scott, Brent or AJ releasing statements anymore. They need an outsider that we all know and trust to go in and tell us all how great things are there now. In steps Nat.

Can someone please explain to me what advantage trying to help these theifs prosper would have on the online poker world? They need to be put out of business and jailed, so other sites take notice. I guarantee if they get away with this, this will not be the last site to do this. There is just soo much to win(steal) and ABSOLUTELY nothing to lose. F That!

Flame Away.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Flame Away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I can't. My head asploded halfway through your post.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I must say the way this investigation/coverup is heading is quite disturbing to an outsider as myself.

Is anyone else here concerned that Nat is now on the AP payroll(getting paid inderctly from AP through another media outlet), and releasing their official statements?
Why can't their own employees do their own PR campaign, release their own statements, and actually have a dialogue here with their customers? Instead of immediatly agreeing to Nat's pay request and have him be the posterboy for saving AP? Of course they are going to pay Nat whatever he asks for to help them. He probably could of (and might have) asked for $1 million, and they would instantly agree. They know everyone here trusts him and everything he says, and AP at this point has nothing to lose by paying him. And if he is their new spokesperson, releasing reports, statements, etc., AP may have a chance to make a comeback with some. Its not like they can have Scott, Brent or AJ releasing statements anymore. They need an outsider that we all know and trust to go in and tell us all how great things are there now. In steps Nat.

Can someone please explain to me what advantage trying to help these theifs prosper would have on the online poker world? They need to be put out of business and jailed, so other sites take notice. I guarantee if they get away with this, this will not be the last site to do this. There is just soo much to win(steal) and ABSOLUTELY nothing to lose. F That!

Flame Away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude,
Josem, Nat, and Adanthar have no alterior motives here. None. Just ask them. Their motivations are pure as the wind driven snow. They are not playing the 2p2 community like a fiddle. The mere suggestion of impropriety on anyone's part, especially without evidence, is going to get you called retarded, moronic, idiotic, and all kinds of other things. Not to mention Adanthar will probably ban you.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:01 PM

exsubmariner,

you are a moron
Old 10-25-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was married to a woman like you for a while. I stayed in line, in matters great and small, until I left her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comparing me to your wife and attacking me personally is a little lame. You know nothing about me, so your statement is meaningless.

[ QUOTE ]

- If you believe Absolute is going to survive, and they convince you that they are serious about cleaning up their act, a forgiving person might be willing to give them some advice on how to proceed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh! They've been "convinced" that Absolute is sorry. They've been "convinced" that Absolute wants to clean up their act and be good little boys from now on. They've been "convinced" that helping them become a better company is worth their while. They've been "convinced" to turn the topic away from how we've all been cheated and focus on the future of a better company.

I'm certainly not convinced...nowhere near it.

How and why have the very people who have helped break this whole thing wide open suddenly become "convinced"?