Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Fashion - For the portly gentleman

[ QUOTE ]
Here are just some suggestions of what people have said they like how they look on me. Note I am a little bigger than you and I happen to wear shorts year round. Its just my thing, but I can show you some nice shirts that I got.

I have this in a few different colors. It will probably look best a size large, and the slacks obviously depend on the color.

I have this shirt, and in purple. Off all the shirts I own, I get the most complements about the purple shirt.

In general, I find it best to wear darker slacks, as it deemphasizes the gut. I usually mix between dark and light shirts, depending on what shorts I am wearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like the tie with the blue shirt (I have a shirt just like it).

Serious question, do you wear shorts while wearing a shirt and tie? I have never seen that, but it could be a regional thing.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here are just some suggestions of what people have said they like how they look on me. Note I am a little bigger than you and I happen to wear shorts year round. Its just my thing, but I can show you some nice shirts that I got.

I have this in a few different colors. It will probably look best a size large, and the slacks obviously depend on the color.

I have this shirt, and in purple. Off all the shirts I own, I get the most complements about the purple shirt.

In general, I find it best to wear darker slacks, as it deemphasizes the gut. I usually mix between dark and light shirts, depending on what shorts I am wearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like the tie with the blue shirt (I have a shirt just like it).

Serious question, do you wear shorts while wearing a shirt and tie? I have never seen that, but it could be a regional thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no, shouldve clarified that. I more mean for day to day living and for like the bar and such. When I have a date ill actually wear pants too. The Klein shirts are really good cause they are like 2% Lycra so on a day when you are a little bigger than others, you still fit fine.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:54 AM

Default Youth of Britain

[ QUOTE ]
Fashion - For the portly gentleman

[/ QUOTE ] If this thread had been started by an Englishman it would more likely've been titled

Fashion - for Fat Bastards
Old 02-01-2007, 04:24 AM

Default Re: Youth of Britain

jay and others,

Fat dudes can look stylish too. It's OK to make a comment if you don't like the thread, but if you're going to do that, do that and be done with it, don't make it into a flame war. If you click on a thread called "Fashion for the portly gentleman" and don't find it interesting, well, come on who do you really have to blame?

Please don't respond to this post, thanks.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Youth of Britain

I've been told that wearing big, bulky clothes is also a no no for big folks. It just seems to accentuate the size of the man. It may seem weird, but go for more form-fitting clothes. Vertical striped shirts are also good.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:01 AM

OP- I am the same size as you have just described. The guy who shopped at polo.com was right on. Well worth the money. Also you cant go wrong with Savane slacks. Also if your the same body type as me short sleeve polo shirts are a no no. I wear button down ralph lauren or pullovers with savane pants and get good compliments
Old 02-07-2007, 11:25 PM

I have a similar question. I'm not portly at all, but I'm big. I'm about 6'6 or 6'7, 250lbs. And, (yes, I'm ready for flaming), I have thick thighs and what has affectionately been called a ghetto booty. So, I have a tough time finding any pants (from slacks to dockers to jeans) that have enough room in the hips, and the required 38" inseam. Any suggestions out there? I usually wear 36x38 jeans.

Any recommendation for jeans that will allow me to be at least psuedo comfortable and able to put more than one slip of paper into a pocket?

Thanks,

Josh
Old 02-08-2007, 02:09 AM

GR,

I dont know your marital status, or what type of lifestyle you roll with, but one of my best friends, is a big, italian looking mofo, about 6 1, 250 or 275, he rolls in suits like the gangsters wear, black shirt, black pinstripe suit etc, he looks scary. Some chicks really dig this, and for a portly gentleman, he pulls a lot of tail.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:44 AM

The best place ever to shop for the larger-sized man: http://www.kingsizedirect.com/Default.as...Official%20Site