Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which would you do?
Get something else 84 75.68%
Get nothing 27 24.32%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2006, 02:43 AM

Default Have you made a withdrawal yet?

In response to the new legislation...
Old 09-30-2006, 02:51 AM

Default Re: Have you made a withdrawal yet?

If you have your money in one of the huge, publicly traded companies you have nothing to worry about when it comes to the confiscation of funds. If you have your money in one of the small, shady sites you probably don't have anything more to worry about than you did before.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:09 AM

No. I've got my roll on wsex right now and have considered pulling it and putting it with a larger room until I have a clearer idea of how things shake out but I haven't jumped yet.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:16 AM

Ok I have a question regarding cashing out. I have a pretty decent sum of cash on Ultimate Bet but never made a deposit and therefore dont go through neteller or any similar sites, i just withdraw in the form of E-checks. If I wait, is there ever going to be a time when the checks that I receive from ultimate bet won't be accepted at my bank?
Old 09-30-2006, 03:17 AM

Location: Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Very pertinent question and one which I don't believe it's possible to answer right now.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:33 AM

There will be a time, but probably a while from now. I would keep $1k or less at a site. A bank does not have to accept your money, even if it is legal for the time being.

I'm going to cycle all my funds and suggest many others do the same. I want all my sites to know that I'm out if it even SEEMS to be illegal (or discouraged, legally).

iH8poker
Old 09-30-2006, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I have a question regarding cashing out. I have a pretty decent sum of cash on Ultimate Bet but never made a deposit and therefore dont go through neteller or any similar sites, i just withdraw in the form of E-checks. If I wait, is there ever going to be a time when the checks that I receive from ultimate bet won't be accepted at my bank?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if that happens I'm almost certain you'll still have the option of opening an account online with a Canadian bank, having the funds sent there, and then tranfered to your U.S. bank.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:36 AM

yes.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if that happens I'm almost certain you'll still have the option of opening an account online with a Canadian bank, having the funds sent there, and then tranfered to your U.S. bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I've been wanting to ask. Can't we create off-shore bank accounts and simply transfer the money there instead? Be they Canadian/Swiss/etc. It may take a little longer, but at least we won't have to worry about losing everything.

I'll just take my roll and go play at Hollywood Park.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes what?