Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: *WORLD SERIES GAME 2 THREAD: Rockies (Jimenez) @ Red Sox (Schillin

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cue colorado fans saying "We knew we'd lose the first two, our plan was to get games 3 thru 6 from the start"

[/ QUOTE ]

dont know if youre a sox or rox fan but theres no reason to be a troll. that was a great game, okajima was great, so was paps and so was Holliday. GREAT [censored] GAME! Go SOX! see you in DENVER!

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yea and and except for the walks Jimenez was pretty nasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is Daniel Cabrera.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, and I see Os games a lot because Im near baltimore but Jimenez misses are nowhere near Cabrera misses. Cabrera is a comedy of errors on the mound when he's off, he's like rick vaughn and Nuke LaLoosh. Jimenez's fastball just kept running to far in on righties, Cabrera always bounces 45 ft. fastballs and curveballs,or tosses heaters to the backstop.Jimenez flashed some average-plus feel with his curveball and slider (especially his slider), and some good control with his running fastball. Classic case of being young and not knowing how to control his sharp movement.

I'm gonna be honest, this is the first time Ive seen Jimenez throw live, and it reminds me of the whole Carmona "stuff" argument. Jimenez's raw arsenal is CLEARLY better than Carmona's, and is one of the best I've seen yet this season. He needs to work his changeup in a bit more. This guy could win a Cy Young
Old 10-26-2007, 12:41 AM

Honestly as a yankee fan this is just about the worst way the last couple weeks could have possibly played out. I really just knew this was what as going to happen as soon as I knew they yankees were going to lose, and that is when I stoppes paying attention.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly as a yankee fan this is just about the worst way the last couple weeks could have possibly played out. I really just knew this was what as going to happen as soon as I knew they yankees were going to lose, and that is when I stoppes paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a strong foundation in moral discipline, what do you expect?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya it was a given..only team that had a good chance to beat them was the Yanks. But can't really complain. The Sox have essentially become the bizzaro Yankees a.
They massively outspend the majority of the league, their fans are incredibly obnoxious and annoying, they have a massive collection of fair weather fans and the rest of baseball fans despise them, they have a stud closer, and they are great at coming up big when it counts.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya it was a given..only team that had a good chance to beat them was the Yanks. But can't really complain. The Sox have essentially become the bizzaro Yankees a.
They massively outspend the majority of the league, their fans are incredibly obnoxious and annoying, they have a massive collection of fair weather fans and the rest of baseball fans despise them, they have a stud closer, and they are great at coming up big when it counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now I imagine I am feeling pretty similar to how boston fans felt in 98-00. they really have been bizarro versions of each other ever since yankee fans have lived through the [censored] of losing for long enough and watching the red sox win, and since boston ended its not winning streak. they are sort of indistinguishable in a ton of ways when you think about.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:29 AM

I could care less really if the yanks aren't involved.
its not like they're winning back to back titles or anything.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cue colorado fans saying "We knew we'd lose the first two, our plan was to get games 3 thru 6 from the start"

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on MDD you're better than this. Plus, aren't you a Philly fan? Sorry if I'm wrong but if so using "our" earlier was entirely inappropriate.

We all said we'd drop game 1.. EVERYTHING was stacked against us. We all also felt game 2 was a necessary win to have a ~45-50% chance to win this series. We are in a huge hole now and a championship would be amazing.

That being said.. we played much much better tonight. I hope ownerships keeps this team together because in a lot of aspects we are the real deal. We need to shore up our pitching game a bit.. but our defense if phenomenal. Our bats are streaky but are very often good. We are a young team that yesterday had wide eyes and couldn't do anything. Tonight we showed we could compete. One more base hit and we win the game (I know if Sox hit one more at a good time they win by 4, just sayin).

I think we can win two in Coors, which still makes us a big underdog to have a shot at the series, but I'll be yelling and screaming the whole way.

Here's to hoping we rock Dice-K and Lester the next two nights -- go Rocks.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:34 AM

i don't know why fans get validation over trolling about another team losing or something. why does it matter? i am personally rooting for the sox cause i root for teams whose management i like, but that doesn't mean i'm rooting against the rox. i'm mostly rooting for the best games possible but for the sox to come out on top.

i was actually rooting for papelbon to give up a run so it'd go into extra innings so we'd get more of a great game.

this postseason has been pretty bad so kudos to the rockies for giving us like what, the third good game of the playoffs?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on MDD you're better than this. Plus, aren't you a Philly fan? Sorry if I'm wrong but if so using "our" earlier was entirely inappropriate.

We all said we'd drop game 1.. EVERYTHING was stacked against us. We all also felt game 2 was a necessary win to have a ~45-50% chance to win this series. We are in a huge hole now and a championship would be a miracle .

That being said.. we played much much better tonight. I hope ownerships keeps this team together because in a lot of aspects we are the real deal. We need to shore up our pitching game a bit.. but our defense if phenomenal. Our bats are streaky but are very often good. We are a young team that yesterday had wide eyes and couldn't do anything. Tonight we showed we could compete. One more base hit and we win the game (I know if Sox hit one more at a good time they win by 4, just sayin).

I think we can win two in Coors, which still makes us a big underdog to have a shot at the series, but I'll be yelling and screaming the whole way.

Here's to hoping we rock Dice-K and Lester the next two nights -- go Rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-26-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know why fans get validation over trolling about another team losing or something. why does it matter? i am personally rooting for the sox cause i root for teams whose management i like, but that doesn't mean i'm rooting against the rox. i'm mostly rooting for the best games possible but for the sox to come out on top.

i was actually rooting for papelbon to give up a run so it'd go into extra innings so we'd get more of a great game.

this postseason has been pretty bad so kudos to the rockies for giving us like what, the third good game of the playoffs?

[/ QUOTE ]

People troll teams that lose games to validate themselves and make them feel better about their team losing.

The other scenario is when they pile on when their team beats the said team.. but that is just pathetic and its better to be a good winner.