Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Stars has STEPS SNGs to the PCA

[ QUOTE ]
Be warned that any steps type tournament where rake is taken at every step generates a tremendous amount of rake, so while step 1 is advertised as $7 + 0.5 it is really a $4.55 + 2.95 tournament.

8,257 players pay $7.50 or $61,927 that is distributed as 3 12k packages and $1,606 to the 4th place finishers in step 1, while Stars keep the remaining 24k.

That said, I will probably use some FPP to play some step 1’s anyway.

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

But playing step 1st's with FPP's is an awful deal...

$7.50/500FPP = 1.5 cents/FPP

You are way better off multitabling the 70FPP's...
Old 10-13-2007, 01:03 PM

The 500FPPs are full of awful players.

I'd say their actual value is $13.5/500FPP
Old 10-13-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 500FPPs are full of awful players.

I'd say their actual value is $13.5/500FPP

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Good point.

I still can't believe they're worse than the 70FPP players... I routinely see 3 players (out of 10) left and the blinds have just changed to 50/100....
Old 10-13-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Step 6 is 18 entries

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to see 1 table step 6 maybe something like this.

1st - 12000 PCA
2nd - 2100 step 6 ticket
3rd - 2100 step 6 ticket
4th - 700 step 5 ticket
5th - 215 step 4 ticket + $25
6th-9th 215 step 4 ticket

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's another vote for 1-table Step 6's with a single package and a flatter payout that includes re-entries into Step 6 and 5.

I'm currently sitting on a Step 6 ticket, but Jeff if you're still monitoring this thread, perhaps you could chime in as to whether you think the above scenario is even a possibility b/c if it were, then I'd wait to use it so I could play in it instead of the 3-prize 2-table Step 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an excellent chance that a one-table, 9-player Step "6A" will be added, awarding one PCA seat and "replays" in steps 5 or six to lower finishers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars please make this happen. Also I like the idea of not having direct buy ins into the final steps you must have a ticket. I think this would increase greatly the number of players qualifying for the PCA instead of having a few high end sit n go players just buying in directly and accumulating W$'s from the low end players that do happen to make it to step 6. Also maybe only allow a player to win step 6 once and any remaining tickets they have convert to T$. I know these will cut into stars profits, but i would think it would allow alot more players to play in the PCA

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-13-2007, 08:02 PM

The key to stopping the sharks at the top of the ladder killing off everyones dream is to stop people from winning multiple entries.

Also, expand this to all sattalites infact.

This is clearly best for Stars as it means you have 10 people with one seat rather than 1 person with 10 seats - its best for the non winning players as it means the field quality will slowly thin down.

Those who want to win multiple seats can cry me a river. Go play a cash MTT instead of a sattalite if you already have a seat.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The key to stopping the sharks at the top of the ladder killing off everyones dream is to stop people from winning multiple entries

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. I think this would be great to roll out on a trial basis for the Steps. I see the names that have bought in directly to the $2100 Step 6 and it makes me not even want to try. But it would certainly help if, once they've won a seat, they were no longer eligible to play step sats. I'd also support no direct buy in for levels 5 and 6 making these qualifying ticket only events. Or having some way to only have the Step 6's played with other people who started at the same level you did...i.e. all the people that actually started from Step 1 would only have to play Step 6 against people that started from Step 1. Step 6 would need to be changed to a Single Table format and maybe you could register in advance to play at a set time to ensure they fill (like the Single Table VIP tournies against Poker Stars pros).

Finally and most importantly to me. There's not a chance of me going near these things until there's at least an option of playing Turbos at every level.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Be warned that any steps type tournament where rake is taken at every step generates a tremendous amount of rake, so while step 1 is advertised as $7 + 0.5 it is really a $4.55 + 2.95 tournament.

8,257 players pay $7.50 or $61,927 that is distributed as 3 12k packages and $1,606 to the 4th place finishers in step 1, while Stars keep the remaining 24k.

That said, I will probably use some FPP to play some step 1’s anyway.

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the rake even higher then this since you get people being recycled back to the same and lower levels? Of course the same arguement could be made for people who play any sats or take shots at higher tourneys with winnings from lower buy in events (since they pay more rake then people who buy in directly to a tourney) of course the softness of the sats should make up for a large percentage of the additonal rake...
Old 10-13-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The key to stopping the sharks at the top of the ladder killing off everyones dream is to stop people from winning multiple entries

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. I think this would be great to roll out on a trial basis for the Steps. I see the names that have bought in directly to the $2100 Step 6 and it makes me not even want to try. But it would certainly help if, once they've won a seat, they were no longer eligible to play step sats. I'd also support no direct buy in for levels 5 and 6 making these qualifying ticket only events. Or having some way to only have the Step 6's played with other people who started at the same level you did...i.e. all the people that actually started from Step 1 would only have to play Step 6 against people that started from Step 1. Step 6 would need to be changed to a Single Table format and maybe you could register in advance to play at a set time to ensure they fill (like the Single Table VIP tournies against Poker Stars pros).

Finally and most importantly to me. There's not a chance of me going near these things until there's at least an option of playing Turbos at every level.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Simple enough solution is to not allow direct buy-in to Level 6 and maybe Level 5. That's enough in itself. Unless Stars creates $$ STEPS then keep the multiple win option available for people who want to play STEPS and win the $W or $T or whatever they decide on.

PSJeff or PSBrian

The key things to put in place for the STEPS

1. No direct buy-in to Level 5 or 6. Level 4 and under only.
The whole concept of the STEPS system is you start at the bottom and work your way up.

2. Make the lower levels(1/2/3/4) turbos.

3. Level 6 is a single table with 1st paying out the $12K prize and 2-9th getting a STEP ticket of varying level.

4. Allow for STEP 4 tickets($215) to be used in the Sunday Millions and Sunday Second Chance/ETC.

5. Give 12K $T for every win after your first instead of 12K $W.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:34 PM

I don't think there's any chance of #5 happening.
If you want to encourage the top-notch pros to continue to play in them then giving them T$ instead is a good to do that.

I don't know how I feel about #4. If you do that then a lot of people will just play a bunch of step 2's as Sunday-qualifiers. If enough of these people take themselves out of the cycle via that option then wouldn't it become somewhat harder to get Step 3's and higher to run?
Probably wouldn't make that big a difference. Just something that occured to me though.
If they did this then I would very seriously consider playing them as a Sunday-ticket satellite instead and I'm not sure they want people using them for such a purpose.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:36 PM

Nicely done Charlie! Agree with everything.