Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2006, 02:59 AM

Default New to Online Poker- best poker programs and rakeback?

Hi there, i've played a bit online before but not seriously-total time would be ten hours and 5 of that would be tourneys.
I'm going to have a crack at building my roll.
Anyway i've heard about pokertracker and these log programs to track your bets/percentages/patterns etc..
Is there anywhere that teaches you how to use these programs effectively?
what programs would you reccommend for online beginners to maxmise their experience/learning/gains? free ones would be preffered.
Also, are there any sites that teach about rake back?- i have no idea about the workings of the rake back system and heard it can help you significantly build your roll.

sorry if these questions have been asked 1000 times before i just always been a live player and im not much of a net wiz.
Thanks a lot for any help.
Regards,
Kit.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:13 AM

Default Re: New to Online Poker- best poker programs and rakeback?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi there, i've played a bit online before but not seriously-total time would be ten hours and 5 of that would be tourneys.
Anyway i've heard about pokertracker and these log programs to track your bets/percentages/patterns etc..
what programs would you reccommend for online beginners to maxmise their experience/learning/gains? free ones would be preffered.
Also, are there any sites that teach about rake back?- i have no idea about the workings of the rake back system and heard it can help you significantly build your roll.

sorry if these questions have been asked 1000 times before i just always been a live player and im not much of a net wiz.
Regards,
Kit.

[/ QUOTE ]

i play from 3/6 to 15/30 online, and do relatively well. if i did not have poker tracker, i would kill myself. pete
Old 10-11-2006, 03:14 AM

maybe not quite that drastic, but i definitely wouldnt play poker without it
Old 10-11-2006, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Regards,
Kit.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to learn about rakeback I think you should visit the Affiliates/Rakeback section of this forum. You should get some good answers there.

Tracking softwares are very helpful and it's a good idea to get one, every hand you play is logged and you get a lot of good statistics on yourself and your opponents. Personally, I recommend Poker Office which is the best software in my oppinion. You can buy it directly, get it through one of the promotions Poker Office's running on their site, or just try it for free for some hands (don't remember the exact number)
Old 10-11-2006, 05:28 AM

I look forward to reading your ideas on the matter with your other screen names.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:53 AM

thanks for the info guys.
I got pokertracker guide but it assumes you already know how to use pokertracker so i will take a while.
Thanks again.
edfurlong who are you talking to?
Old 10-12-2006, 05:02 PM

I'd play at WPEX. 100% rakeback is awesome. Plus people are tracking your every move with Pokertracker. Another bonus.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:57 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I pulled the trigger a little early on that one. Sorry brohan.