Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Sixes\' Fitness Log

4/18/2007

Weight: 224 (-26 lbs.)
Body Fat: 28% (63 lbs.)

I just did my upper body KB workout yesterday to get pumped for the big date. It went better than I could have possibly expected. She has been losing weight also, and she said, "I spent 45 minutes picking out an outfit to wear to knock your socks off, and you walked in looking like that and totally stole my thunder." She also called me a "hottie" who could have any girl I want, now.

Everything was perfect, I think the issues we had are resolved and we are a better couple because of what we've gone through.

The next challenge for me is to continue on with the fitness and find a new goal to obsess over. Much of the time that I had been spending with her I devoted to working out, so I'm going to need to create different workout times now. For now focusing on making it longer through the boxing class is enough.

A question I have: How should I mixing in boxing with KBs? I think I may be doing too much because by the time the weekend comes around I am pretty worn out mentally and physically.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
start taking kickboxing and grabbling classes

[/ QUOTE ] Grabbling...haha, I'm sure you meant grappling but it made me laugh.

FWIW - Grabbling : grab·ble(grbl)
intr.v. grab·bled, grab·bling, grab·bles
1. To feel around with the hands; grope.
2. To fall down; sprawl.

Or:
"Grabbling," or "noodling" as it's also called, is a technique practiced mostly, if not exclusively, in the American South to catch some huge catfish. It involves reaching into hollow logs, under rocks, and into holes where catfish like to lurk, grabbing them by the mouth, and then wrestling them to the shore or a waiting boat.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
start taking kickboxing and grabbling classes

[/ QUOTE ] Grabbling...haha, I'm sure you meant grappling but it made me laugh.

FWIW - Grabbling : grab·ble(grbl)
intr.v. grab·bled, grab·bling, grab·bles
1. To feel around with the hands; grope.
2. To fall down; sprawl.

Or:
"Grabbling," or "noodling" as it's also called, is a technique practiced mostly, if not exclusively, in the American South to catch some huge catfish. It involves reaching into hollow logs, under rocks, and into holes where catfish like to lurk, grabbing them by the mouth, and then wrestling them to the shore or a waiting boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Yeah, after I hit submit I realized I had it wrong. In high school, we used to call the wrestlers "grabblers."

There was a documentary on the "Oklahoma State Noodling Championship" which I am sure the Oklahoma Tourism Board wishes was destroyed and never aired again.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:58 PM

Overtraining is a real and serious problem. Don't be afraid to take a week or two off from working out, just keep your diet clean. Note, I don't know much about overtraining just that it's bad, and theres a delicate point where extra work is detrimental to your overall goals vs beneficial. I like to be better safe than sorry so well before I feel myself getting to that point I scale back my work.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:20 PM

4/20/2007

Weight: 223 (-27 lbs.)
Body Fat: 27% (60 lbs.)

I just went to boxing yesterday, no KBs. It was an easier workout, either that or I am getting better. I have a grappling lesson scheduled for Wednesday. The big problem I am having is when we're doing abs. After 25 reps or so my ab muscles just contract and cramp. It's not the burning you normally get, but a full on violent contraction, and I spend the rest of the session alternating between doing the exercises and stretching out the muscles.

Would this be a good plan of attack from here on out?

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Boxing
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: Kettebells (alternating two upper body days one week and two lower body (glute chain) days the next)
Sunday: Nothing

Things with the girlfriend have been amazing this week. Everything is really looking good.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Progress Pic

February 25: 250 pounds

April 22: 223 pounds

The birthday party was a success. My girlfriend had many comments from her friends on how hot they think I am. As different as I look on the outside, I feel even more different on the inside. I am still 40-50 pounds from my goal weight, so I am not about to stop. It's just nice to know that the last few months have been worth it. Thanks to all for your support and advice!

-Sixes
Old 04-22-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Progress Pic

[ QUOTE ]

The birthday party was a success. My girlfriend had many comments from her friends on how hot they think I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

I loled.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:55 PM

Nice work! Keep goin.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:06 PM

gogogogogogo