Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Re: aliens will not be friendly

Would have posted hentai tentacle rape pic but that probadly isnt alowed
Old 11-09-2007, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, everyone laugh and think it's a joke, but please tell me where my logic is wrong. If you look at the past 2000 days of a turkey's life, it would be logical to assume his life is going to be wonderful. There is not the slightest bit of evidence that his life is going to brutally end one day. He gets fed and lives a carefree life. Then one day, he is killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-09-2007, 07:12 AM

they would be awesome at poker ldo
Old 11-09-2007, 07:15 AM

why does the people always think tha the aliens are more progressive than the humans?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:15 AM

To assume they will not be friendly is just as dumb as assuming they will be friendly. It all depends on how they think and interact with each other and we have no way of knowing any of that.

That said, unless there are very few planets as hospitable to life as ours is (which I highly doubt) and the Aliens need to establish a new home world, I can't imagine why they would bother attacking or enslaving us. They're already capable of intergalactic travel, what does Earth have to offer them?

Also, why do you assume the aliens would be entirely cold blooded emotionless individuals? I'd imagine any race of beings would have to develop a sense of "humanity" in order to survive and live peacefully amongst each other. Otherwise they would just constantly war with each other.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:17 AM

alot of pron KSOT
Old 11-09-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, everyone laugh and think it's a joke, but please tell me where my logic is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is wrong because you assume a race far more advanced than ours would care about our material possesions or things of value at all.

If you found an undiscovered primitive tribe in the middle of some jungle, would your first thought be to kill them all so you could have their clay pot?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:28 AM

I actually think that the humans will be the evil aliens that whipe out a whole race of a planet someday
Old 11-09-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually think that the humans will be the evil aliens that whipe out a whole race of a planet someday

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so. Xenocide sounds like loads of fun
Old 11-09-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To assume they will not be friendly is just as dumb as assuming they will be friendly. It all depends on how they think and interact with each other and we have no way of knowing any of that.

That said, unless there are very few planets as hospitable to life as ours is (which I highly doubt) and the Aliens need to establish a new home world, I can't imagine why they would bother attacking or enslaving us. They're already capable of intergalactic travel, what does Earth have to offer them?

Also, why do you assume the aliens would be entirely cold blooded emotionless individuals? I'd imagine any race of beings would have to develop a sense of "humanity" in order to survive and live peacefully amongst each other. Otherwise they would just constantly war with each other.

[/ QUOTE ]
If we ever encounter "aliens," it will just be AI robot [censored]. And they will either ignore us while consuming our planet for resources to make a Dyson Sphere around the Sun, or if we are lucky they let our civilization live in order to create our own AI, at which point the robots destroy us. We lose either way.

Also lol, if we actually encountered a biological alien race, that would mean that they have incredibly advanced technology including faster than light space travel, so why would they possibly want inefficient biological slaves? Its equivalent to us making slaves out of gorillas.

Edit: Actually why don't we have gorilla slaves, that would be incredibly awesome.

Edit 2: ban racism ldo