Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

A few thoughts from a regular lurker who doesn't think certain issues are being adequately addressed:

1) Obv. huge thanks to Dan. Nat, Adanthar, Josem, and everyone else committed to getting this story into the mainstream press, and getting AP to answer for this breach. In the long run, I think this can be a big coup for online poker, and the catalyst for its regulation.

2) re: the whole issue around the Superuser account. I'm the furthest thing from a network/programming whiz, but in my mind it makes perfect sense for all online poker sites to have some sort of superuser accounts for testing. I always assumed that accounts like this existed, when I gave any thought to how poker clients ran. I also assumed that they were in some way disabled to prevent them from actually participating in real money games.

The larger issue isn't that superuser account(s) existed. I think it's apparent and logical that they do. I'm concerned about how many 363s are out there at each site, and what sites like Stars and FTP have done to ensure that these breaches do not take place on their sites. In fact, in the aftermath of this, I think it would be in the best interest of all major online sites to issue a release explaining how they use their superuser accounts for testing, and how they protect them from being exploited for real money gain by rogue programmers / hackers / company insiders and executive management.

If AP just chipdumps $700k to the highstakes players, postures publicly about their remorse, and remarkets themselves, there is no reason to believe that 362, 364, and 365 aren't going to show up at your highstakes table next month or year.