Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 10:58 PM

Default Women on the PGA Tour

I was wrong. There, I said it. I'll admit to being wrong about minor things (I thought Texas wouldn't beat USC in the NC) quite often, but there are very few things that I would have bet everything I own on and then been wrong about it.

Five years I would've made that bet against any woman being good enough to go through Q-school and play on the PGA tour. Not in my lifetime, if ever. I was wrong.

Michelle Wie may not be at that point now, but she isn't far away and I'm surprised. I don't believe Annika could do it, or any other player today. The difference between the men and women isn't the lenght of their drives. It's being able to spin the mid-irons into tight pin positions. Most women can't hit down on the ball and put decent spin on the ball while also hitting it high and long. They say that the LPGA tour purposely tones down its pin positions because most of the players couldn't break 75 if they were tough. To Michelle Wie it doesn't matter. She has that power. She has that finesse. She has all of the skills, just as we remember Tiger as he developed in his teens.

Unless she loses focus, I can see Michelle Wie playing regularly on the PGA tour, even having her card if she wants. I don't see her being one of the top ten players in the world, but then again I've already been wrong once.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Women on the PGA Tour

She won her local qualifier for the Open today. Still a (very) long shot, but major wow-factor.

Think she'd do me?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Women on the PGA Tour

Id tag it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] She is what women's golf needs and will help the Mens tour. About time the LPGA is getting more young hotties on the tour. The 300lb dikes just are not television friendly