Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Dexter 11/25

My guess at how this plays out: Dexter frames Doakes as BHB so it's basically air-tight. He'll get Doakes' prints on some of the murder weapons and plant them at Doakes' house, plant the computer he used to type up the manifesto, plant a big pile of rocks from the marina, etc. Then he'll drug him, put him on the boat, and drop him off down in Haiti. No money, no passport, no jewlery that has any value...no way for him to get himself back to the U.S. In season 3, Doakes will find a way to get back to Miami and try to kill Dexter while evading the ongoing manhunt.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:58 AM

Lyla kills Doakes in an attempt to get in Dexters good graces after finding out somehow he is the BHB. Dexter then kills Lyla for obvious reasons, Doakes is seen as the killer in Lundys mind and by not ever catching him Dexter is able to avoid suspicion if future corpses turn up. I think this would tie a lot of loose ends up.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lyla kills Doakes in an attempt to get in Dexters good graces after finding out somehow he is the BHB. Dexter then kills Lyla for obvious reasons, Doakes is seen as the killer in Lundys mind and by not ever catching him Dexter is able to avoid suspicion if future corpses turn up. I think this would tie a lot of loose ends up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very likely scenario. gg.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:26 AM

moose,
nice idea...i never thought of it as a plausible triangle between dex/doakes/lila...always seemed like dexter/lila and dexter/doakes...but now that lila is getting in with the other cops masuka/angel they might tell her that doakes is the suspect and she will go after him to get back in dexter's favor...
Old 11-27-2007, 02:27 AM

This show is amazing on so many levels. As others have said, I was worried that this season would be a huge letdown after last year and would become repitive killings each week. Little did I know that this season would be just as good, if not better than last season.
I really think that Dexter has to kill Doakes. Trying to frame him is too risky. Even if he does everything perfectly, Doakes is still going to tell everyone who would question him/ arrest him about Dexter. If any of the detectives/police began to entertain Doake's accusations it would not bode well for Dexter. I.E. the fact that Doakes does not have a boat and Dexter does. I think it would be a believable story if Doakes is killed and everyone is led to believe that he has just gone off the grid because he doesn't want to be arrested.

Lastly, does anyone know how many seasons they plan on doing this show for?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Lastly, does anyone know how many seasons they plan on doing this show for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most shows go on for as long as they can plausibly run. By plausibly I mean, if writing gets stale, actors get bored or the shows loses its popularity. Seinfeld is an example of actors and writers saying enough as it could have lasted a hell of a lot longer.

There are exceptions like The Wire, which was designed to be a 5 season show.

So to answer your question, from what I have been reading and the interviews I have seen, it will run for as long as the show can be fresh and popular. Season 3 is definitely not going to be the last. Unless of course its popularity nose dives............. which I think is a 0% chance as the shows popularity is only going the other way.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:55 AM

Somethings I dont get. The fight at the end, but obviously for the shows sake Dexter had to win.

WHY did Doakes go to haiti for, couldnt he just walk into work tell Lundy he got the blood samples from Dexters house (prolly has dex's prints on them as well)?
Old 11-27-2007, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Somethings I dont get. The fight at the end, but obviously for the shows sake Dexter had to win.

WHY did Doakes go to haiti for, couldnt he just walk into work tell Lundy he got the blood samples from Dexters house (prolly has dex's prints on them as well)?

[/ QUOTE ]

He wanted to make sure the samples really did match the victims. If he walks into Lundy's office with a box of slides with cows blood on them and says he stole them from Dexter's place his suspension becomes a termination. Clearly he wanted all his ducks in a row before he talks to Lundy again. Also that evidence would have been inadmissible in court FWIW.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He wanted to make sure the samples really did match the victims. If he walks into Lundy's office with a box of slides with cows blood on them and says he stole them from Dexter's place his suspension becomes a termination. Clearly he wanted all his ducks in a row before he talks to Lundy again. Also that evidence would have been inadmissible in court FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i mean personally if i was Doakes (and knowing what i know about Dex), I would assume that Dexter is not hiding blood samples of cows in the AC, you know what i mean.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:51 PM

Did anyone else think that the last fight was a dream when it first started? I really didn't think it would happen like that.