Stack sizes:
UTG: $92.30
UTG+1: $84.30
Hero: $200
CO: $124.35
Button: $215.10
SB: $288.70
BB: $261.50

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $4</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($14, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $14</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($42, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $42</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $168</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $64.35</font>.
Uncalled bets: $61.65 returned to Hero.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($254.7, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $254.7)

Results:
Final pot: $254.7
Old 10-29-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: How would you play this???

I would have repotted the flop and pushed asap. As played is okay, but gives tighty an excuse to walk away if a high club hits the turn.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:28 PM

The problem with how you played the hand is that you generate almost no fold equity. CO will almost never fold to a check-raise on the turn because at this point he had invested to much of his stack.

As played you should just call his turn bet. If any of your draws hit on the river you can put villain all-in and if your draws miss you can safe $60.

Personally I prefer a more aggressive line. I would bet out on the flop because most of villain's hands (I put him on a hand like A2wx because of his min bet preflop) should have missed the flop. Moreover you don't have to fear a check-raise because your hand is strong enough to call a raise. And because the turn card has improved your hand significantly I would fire a second barrel on the turn.

An interesting alternative would be a check-raise on the the flop.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:38 PM

I agree with the above posters, you as such did nothing wrong in the hand...
I however do prefer a more aggresive line on the flop, with a flop like this and given the villians stack, no matter how much of a nitty rock he is, the money is going in, so why not take advantage of his nittiness and try to get him off the hand on the small blind. Check raise him, and who knows you may even get him to fold a hand like a-k-2-x or even, why a bigger long shot a-a-2-x. both these senarios are unlikly but quite possible, since your most likly going all in here anyway, get some fold equity if u have a chance... its that old saying, if your willing to call an all in. may as well do it yourself
Old 10-29-2007, 11:34 PM

Like a few other responses, I'd like a strong checkraise on the flop against a loose player, but if he is as tight as you say, he most likely either isn't betting this flop, or if he pots it, he isn't folding.
Since you say he is tight, I think a pot bet on the flop would be fitting. Maybe you take the pot down, but if not, you have certainly put enough in the pot to hurt him on the turn, assuming you like what you see.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:13 AM

do we really need to push him out with fold equity? with such strong hand we really want go to showdown, so stop talking about FE [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 08:36 AM

Sorry, but I really don't get this. What makes everyone think hero's hand is so strong after the flop given that a tight player raised pre-flop and bet the pot on the flop? Even trash like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] simulates to 51% equity.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but I really don't get this. What makes everyone think hero's hand is so strong after the flop given that a tight player raised pre-flop and bet the pot on the flop? Even trash like A28K simulates to 51% equity.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have a valid point. But, the original question was 'How would you play this', as opposed to a request for in depth analysis ;-)

Even though we may easily be behind here, we're not a huge dog to many hands at all, so it's just as much a meta-game question as it is about the hand itself. If you only play back at preflop raisers with true monsters, you won't get much action after a while. If you play back with your solid semi-bluffs, you'll occasionally lose a big pot, but you'll also be more likely to get action when you want action.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but I really don't get this. What makes everyone think hero's hand is so strong after the flop given that a tight player raised pre-flop and bet the pot on the flop? Even trash like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] simulates to 51% equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes this a strong hand is that hero is up against only one villain and that villain is “squeaky tight”. There are not a lot of hands that hit this flop hard that will also be raised pre-flop so hero may have a lot of folding equity. Even if villain can stand the heat, hero has a lot of outs so he should be willing to go to war with this hand.

You have to give action to get action and with this hand you can give the illusion of a lot of action without a strong hand.

I like the check-raise flop lead turn line.