Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2006, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Did he just hit an inside draw?

[ QUOTE ]
As for letting in 5 players with JJ... I don't mind playing JJ like most any middle pair. I don't do that everytime I get JJ, but UTG especially I'm less likely to lead out with a raise, particularly if the game is such that it's likely someone else will raise it if I don't. Perhaps that's stupid, but it helps keep me outta trouble with JJ (helps keep me outta trouble--as we can see, it doesn't prevent it).

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem that I have is when you said
[ QUOTE ]
At least 60% of pots are being raised preflop to $10 to $15 so I want to let someone else raise it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume that if you were thinking this way, you were going to limp raise and try to take it down PF.

Also, if you want to keep yourself out of trouble with JJ (Because you can't win with it, etc.) You are in terrible position with the limpers behind you, so you are bringing all of the pain upon yourself.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:47 AM

call this everytime.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:58 AM

Granted I raise here and if I take the lead in the hand I would fire at the pot with a continuation bet.

That being said. And after looking at hero's line, is a flop "call", instead of the donk reraise or a real reraise that horrible? There are NO flush draws out there, there are no straight draws besides the funky one with 57, which is quite a longshot, if the villain raised (I know he can raise with anything).

Just curious about hearing some thoughts about smoothcalling the flop so we can raise the turn.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:03 AM

910 Isn't a straight Draw? That's a pretty good one especially in a multiway pot.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That being said. And after looking at hero's line, is a flop "call", instead of the donk reraise or a real reraise that horrible?

[/ QUOTE ]

A flop call is much much better than a near min-raise, as it's more evasive. The problem arises on later streets, as it looks like a slowplayed monster.

That is another reason why leading into this pot is by far superior. If you are going to disguise the strength of your hand that much preflop, try to get it all in when you hit a killer.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:16 AM

Don't play scared! You have top set and the only thing that hit is an odd gutshot. 9T maniac shoving as a semi-bluff seems more likely then the gutshot even. Though quite likely see a high pp, set or two pair.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:30 AM

Please, do get your money in. Now.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:01 PM

HahahhaaHHAHahaaaaha
Old 06-01-2006, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Granted I raise here and if I take the lead in the hand I would fire at the pot with a continuation bet.

That being said. And after looking at hero's line, is a flop "call", instead of the donk reraise or a real reraise that horrible? There are NO flush draws out there, there are no straight draws besides the funky one with 57, which is quite a longshot, if the villain raised (I know he can raise with anything).

Just curious about hearing some thoughts about smoothcalling the flop so we can raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv raise prf or at least RR prf.

Betting the flop or at least a good sized c/r is in order due to the deepness of stacks.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:28 PM

Please tell me you didnt fold this, I think he had 66.