Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Online Poker Protege

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly is cardrunners and how helpful is it? I went to the site and it looked real tight but it was 25 a month or so so I didn't do much about it.

I'm very suprised at the post that said 300 is a daily fluctuation for small stakes players, the whole time I played I would put 50 or so in and take it straight to the .10/.25 or .25/.50 (HAHA) and play all week and almost always end up at about the same I started with a week later until a gnarly bad beat would leave me crippled, hence me not thinking I play right.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are playing in the micro stakes games. These are complete donkey-fest. You must have the Nuts most of the time because you will be called down to the River.

Read, study, and learn the game. Then you will improve your game instead of donating all your money to the sharks.

Be the shark, not the guppy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck to you.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:42 PM

And quit playing over your roll. You will never become a winning player if you keep doing that.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:53 PM

phydaux - whats so good about cardrunners? i know they have videos on the site, but what else is there that cant be found on 2p2?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
phydaux - whats so good about cardrunners?

[/ QUOTE ]

green plastic, that's what.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly is cardrunners and how helpful is it? I went to the site and it looked real tight but it was 25 a month or so so I didn't do much about it.

I'm very suprised at the post that said 300 is a daily fluctuation for small stakes players, the whole time I played I would put 50 or so in and take it straight to the .10/.25 or .25/.50 (HAHA) and play all week and almost always end up at about the same I started with a week later until a gnarly bad beat would leave me crippled, hence me not thinking I play right.

[/ QUOTE ]

small stakes is 100nl and 200nl, medium stakes is 400nl up to 1000nl.

You're playing way above your bankroll. With $50 you should be playing $2nl until you have $80 and then move up to $4nl, or alternatively deposit more. You will definitely go broke if you don't change your bankroll management.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:21 PM

Head to the uNL forum and read the stickies. Then start reading the strat threads. Then start posting in some strat threads. Then create a few strat threads. That forums has dozens of 'mentors' if you just take the time to use them.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are playing in the micro stakes games. These are complete donkey-fest. You must have the Nuts most of the time because you will be called down to the River.

Read, study, and learn the game. Then you will improve your game instead of donating all your money to the sharks.

Be the shark, not the guppy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the micro stakes comment here, I find .5/.10 so much harder to beat than .25/.50 for the reason you said, you absoltuly cannot make a play at all

All this talk about playing over my roll king of bums me out, I really had no idea I was going so wrong haha. What would be the best way to put 50 onto full tilt and build a legitmate bankroll to play .25/.50? Would it be smarter to wait and deposit 200 on instead of 50 this time?

Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the micro stakes comment here, I find .5/.10 so much harder to beat than .25/.50 for the reason you said, you absoltuly cannot make a play at all

All this talk about playing over my roll king of bums me out, I really had no idea I was going so wrong haha. What would be the best way to put 50 onto full tilt and build a legitmate bankroll to play .25/.50? Would it be smarter to wait and deposit 200 on instead of 50 this time?

[/ QUOTE ]

no harm in doing some reading and study and then deposit $200. You could also deposit in chunks, start from the smallest stakes and move up as you deposit more.

With $200 you'd be rolled to play $10nl, play tight, sit to the left of the loose calling stations and isolate frequently. Value bet relentlessly. Never fire 2nd or 3rd barrels, just shut down completely if your cbet is called and you have nothing.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

small stakes is 100nl and 200nl, medium stakes is 400nl up to 1000nl.

You're playing way above your bankroll. With $50 you should be playing $2nl until you have $80 and then move up to $4nl, or alternatively deposit more. You will definitely go broke if you don't change your bankroll management.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong. Personally Nl 4 is basically will hurt your poker game. I cannot stand playing anything else less than NL 100. $50 is good enough for NL 100. $150 is good for NL 200. $800 is good for NL 400. This is my method.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no harm in doing some reading and study and then deposit $200. You could also deposit in chunks, start from the smallest stakes and move up as you deposit more.

With $200 you'd be rolled to play $10nl, play tight, sit to the left of the loose calling stations and isolate frequently. Value bet relentlessly. Never fire 2nd or 3rd barrels, just shut down completely if your cbet is called and you have nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, that is some good advice, I think I'll deposit 50 tommorrow and play .5/.10 and .10/.25 (is that pushing it?) and see how it goes. The other advice is appreciated too, though obvious smart moves it's always good to have them reiterated.