Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [OCT]***

Girlfriend and I broke up about 2 months ago. She lives in a different state. We were together nearly 3 years. Break up was due primarily to distance and the complications that arose from that. We have been talking intermittently because I want to move near her to give us a chance together. While she hasn't said yes or no, she has admitted to having feelings and wishing things were different.

I call tonight and she answers. Says she can't talk. She also can't talk later. She's at a guys house and plans to spend the night there apparently.

-why did she answer the phone? i was in the same situation 2 weeks ago and let the phone go to the machine
-is she playing games with me? (in other words, drop the bitch)
-do i still have a chance with this or not?

Anyway, I talked to her for 15 minutes at this guys house, saying that I wanted to talk about the tip of the iceberg- I want to be near her, to give us a chance, because I think she's incredible, I wish things were different, etc. She asked if we could talk about this later, as it wasn't a good time for her (ldo!!). She was in tears, fwiw. I said she that if she was happy there and confident in her decision then she shouldn't call me back tomorrow because her uncertainty gives rise to my uncertainty and if she's confident then she shouldn't continue to talk to me and [censored] up my emotions. Then we said goodbye.

-what are the chances she ever calls?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:39 AM

as stated before in life, being friends with a ex-g/f right after breakup sucks hard. all they ever do is tear your heart out and then leave it to hang.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Girlfriend and I broke up about 2 months ago. She lives in a different state. We were together nearly 3 years. Break up was due primarily to distance and the complications that arose from that. We have been talking intermittently because I want to move near her to give us a chance together. While she hasn't said yes or no, she has admitted to having feelings and wishing things were different.

I call tonight and she answers. Says she can't talk. She also can't talk later. She's at a guys house and plans to spend the night there apparently.

-why did she answer the phone? i was in the same situation 2 weeks ago and let the phone go to the machine

Anyway, I talked to her for 15 minutes at this guys house, saying that I wanted to talk about the tip of the iceberg- I want to be near her, to give us a chance, because I think she's incredible, I wish things were different, etc. She asked if we could talk about this later, as it wasn't a good time for her (ldo!!). She was in tears, fwiw. I said she that if she was happy there and confident in her decision then she shouldn't call me back tomorrow because her uncertainty gives rise to my uncertainty and if she's confident then she shouldn't continue to talk to me and [censored] up my emotions. Then we said goodbye.

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically, if you keep talking w/ her you will get your heart destroyed

if you insist insist insist on talking w/ her... get on a plane / in a car and do it in person.... but it is high variance and you may still get your heart destroyed - but you probably have a fighting chance
Old 10-22-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you insist insist insist on talking w/ her... get on a plane / in a car and do it in person.... but it is high variance and you may still get your heart destroyed - but you probably have a fighting chance

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that is the way to go. i just sent her a brief email saying i'm sorry i called tonight, but that i have a lot to say. if she'd like to listen, she should call me tomorrow, and if she has no interest, an email would suffice so she doesn't have to hear me cry.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:58 AM

also, for what it's worth, i'm jealous of those who have never been in a real heart breaking relationship.

senior year of HS, fresh year of college was with one girl. when we broke up i had the most miserable year of my life and didn't date until this current xgirlfriend asked me out. and we dated for 3 years.

in between there were plenty of people i didn't care about. but i never stopped caring about those two and there was nothing i could do about it. i hate how i hard i fall.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Worm, the pic and the vid are soo awesome. Lol at the map's Africa.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, it is now my background for my desktop. I so want to throw it on my work computer, but I have to worry about harrasment issues

[/ QUOTE ]

the only people you harass w/ that map are too dumb to know they are being insulted (well, i guess europe is pretty bordeline... lol)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah well unfortunately my work is touchy about crap like that....and my computer is visible to people walking by, so I can't throw it up.

Working for a large corporation really sucks [censored] some time.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also, for what it's worth, i'm jealous of those who have never been in a real heart breaking relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be. I'm not.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be. I'm not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-22-2007, 03:37 AM

no poker 0veg0...
Old 10-22-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so talking to hear will hurt you a lot

I agree with flying down there, if she breaks your heart at least you can go to his house and kick his ass
Closed Thread