Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2006, 11:38 AM

Default Paul Allen

Are you kidding me with this guy? This story is a few days old, but it sums up the situation pretty well.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...rtland06m.html

It should be noted that although Allen hasn't been to a Blazers home game in months, he was able to catch them in New Jersey last night.

I'd always heard that he was just a mega-nerd who happened to be in the right place at the right time but I attributed that to jealousy. But I'm starting to become a believer. Looking back, you can see a string of stunningly poor business decisions. Admittedly, it was fun to have an owner who threw around a bunch of money, even though sometimes you had to wonder about who he was throwing the money to or what the long-term repercussions were going to be. But the team was competitive so we all turned a blind eye.

I know there are some of you from up here in the NW, what's your take on the guy? It looks like the bumbling has already begun for the Seahawks this offseason so beware.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Paul Allen

How do you think the 'Hawks bungled anything? If they match on Hutch, that will be dumb, otherwise I have faith.

Allen doesn't to the day to day on a lot of his [censored]. The Blazers were Bob Whittsit, who got fired last year and was generally regarded as a fucksteak by everyone around him.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:46 PM

I don't believe that there was one move made that Allen didn't sign off on. Whittsit was horrible, yes, but the trouble starts at the top and always has. Darius Miles is absolutely killing this organization and the only reason he's still here is Allen's baffling love affair with him.

As far as the Seahawks, I have some concerns. I guess we'll see.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:27 PM

Plus I've heard that Allen is queer as a football bat.

NTTAWWT