Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 08:37 AM

Default Deep AA Crypto 500NL, flop decision

Villain is running at 38/1 or so over only 80 hands or so.
His postflop aggression per street over this very small sample is flop 5/Turn 1.8/River 3.

I played this crazy hand with him where I flopped a straigt flush against his nut flush, where he calls the river
with 3 Kings on the board.

Cryptologic Network No-Limit Hold'em, $5 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|[color=Red]saw showdown</font>

UTG ($584.40)
MP ($683.95)
CO ($610.65)
[color=Red]Button ($1997.20)</font>
SB ($501.65)
[color=Red]Hero ($744.15)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]], T[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]].
[color=Gray]1 fold</font>, MP calls $5, [color=Gray]1 fold</font>, Button calls $5, [color=Gray]1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($17) 9[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]], K[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]], J[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](3 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=Red]MP bets $10</font>, Button calls $10, [color=Red]Hero raises to $35</font>, MP folds, [color=Red]Button raises to $60</font>, [color=Red]Hero raises to $215</font>, Button calls $120.

Turn: ($422) K[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
[color=Red]Hero bets $200</font>, Button calls $200.

River: ($822) K[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
[color=Red]Hero bets $359.15</font>, Button calls $359.15.

Final Pot: $1540.30

Results in white below: [color=White]
Hero has Qd Td (straight flush, king high).
Button has 7d Ad (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins $1540.30. </font>

So, either he is vastly overvaluing his hands, or he thinks that I suck big time, which I dont have any reason to think he should think.

On to the hand in question :

Cryptologic Network No-Limit Hold'em, $5 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|[color=Red]saw showdown</font>

BB ($590)
UTG ($1690.10)
MP ($460.65)
[color=Red]CO ($1532.35)</font>
[color=Red]Button ($500)</font>
[color=Red]Hero ($1311.30)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]], A[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]].
[color=Red]UTG raises to $15</font>, MP calls $15, CO calls $15, [color=Red]Hero raises to $75</font>, [color=Gray]1 fold</font>, UTG calls $60, MP folds, CO calls $60.

Flop: ($247) T[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]], J[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]], 3[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](4 players)</font>
[color=Red]Hero bets $200</font>, UTG folds, [color=Red]CO raises to $400</font>, Hero ?

How would you proceed? Just get it in, CR most turns, stop and go, or is this guy minraising this deep enough to slow down, even after seeing how he played the previous hand?

This may be trivial, but for some reason I cant let it go and would really like some input here.

(On a side note, is there a better converter for Cryptologic? This is the only one I could get to precess the HH, but as you can see it is not doing too great a job)
Old 10-28-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Deep AA Crypto 500NL, flop decision

call and reevaluate on turn, probably play for stacks vs this 38/1 guy
Old 10-28-2007, 09:15 AM

Wow. Tough spot. You leading out here against 2 villains should be viewed as pretty strong by the CO. And he does tend to minraise when he flops big hands.

With stats like 38/1, it's tough to put him on a hand. I'd like to think he would've reraised PF with TT/JJ, making it unlikely for a set here. Possibly KQ...OESD.

Call and evealuate turn.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:49 AM

I use this one to convert Crypto hands
http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter

On the hand in question - make it at least a 100 preflop.You are deep and OOP with a hand that you will have to play UI most likely and tough to let go of it, you don't want several callers.

38/1 should be pretty passive, i'd call flop and fold to any further aggression unless the turn is 3 or A.
I don't think he will bluff and i don't think he overplays AJ like this after you call.
It's JT or a set a LOT.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Tough spot. You leading out here against 2 villains should be viewed as pretty strong by the CO. And he does tend to minraise when he flops big hands.

With stats like 38/1, it's tough to put him on a hand. I'd like to think he would've reraised PF with TT/JJ, making it unlikely for a set here. Possibly KQ...OESD.

Call and evealuate turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think 38/ 1 reraises TT or JJ [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
That's exactly the types of hands they are calling with.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:21 PM

First hand, I like a much larger turn bet than $200.

Second hand, call flop. I like a CR on most turns.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:24 PM

Fold it.