Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 02:45 PM

Default 2/3 of Republicans think Iraq is going well

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/437/soli...troop-deadline

Many of these percentages defy logic but the big one that stands out particularly for me is the high % of Repubs who think the sitatution in Iraq is going well. Not "so-so" or "ok" or even "give it time" but...it's going WELL. If you are one of those people can you please explain how you came to the conclusion that Iraq is doing "well"? If you are not one of these people can you please explain what the hell is going on? I know there are a lot of Bush/GOP homers, but 67%...really?

And for a bonus question, what the hell happened between Feb and March to make your confidence soar? Have you been paying attention to the results of THE SURGE for yourself rather than what the GOP talking heads are telling you? Feel free to google "The Green Zone" today.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: 2/3 of Republicans think Iraq is going well

shhh...the surge is working - anyone who says otherwise is a liar who hates America, you fascist liberal.

Even if 2/3rd's of America agrees with you, you're still a pagan Democrat who wants America to fail and become a theocratic Muslim State.

why do you hate America by printing such biased slanderous falsehoods? They're so false I don't even have time to respond - so I'll let others do that.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

rb
Old 04-12-2007, 03:00 PM

I think this has something do do with the Surge. Its true that the Surge has lessened the sectarian fighting in Baghdad. This fact has been widely reported on in the MSM and I imagine it is really hammered home among conservative outlets. If this is all you've been hearing about Iraq recently, I could imagine you thinking we were doing OK right now. Unfortunately, the Sectarian fighting has 1. Not stopped 2. Will likely come back once the Surge is over and 3. Is only a small part of the reason why Iraq is a disaster.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this has something do do with the Surge. Its true that the Surge has lessened the sectarian fighting in Baghdad. This fact has been widely reported on in the MSM and I imagine it is really hammered home among conservative outlets. If this is all you've been hearing about Iraq recently, I could imagine you thinking we were doing OK right now. Unfortunately, the Sectarian fighting has 1. Not stopped 2. Will likely come back once the Surge is over and 3. Is only a small part of the reason why Iraq is a disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would question the definition of "lessened" - it certainly isn't saving American lives, and it isn't stopping killings outside the Green Zone. And the International Red Cross has reported living conditions in Iraq are deplorable and getting worse, not better, as the Occupation goes on.

Furthermore, female suicide bombers are getting more common, and Americans can't search them without inflaring Religious tensions worse then they already are, as if that was even possible.

As of today, Suicide bombers are INSIDE the Green Zone - when the suicide bombers can get to the Parliment Cafeteria, I'd say you're not actually securing the City.

rb
Old 04-12-2007, 04:59 PM

Wtf are you people talking about. Real Americans will settle for no less than TOTAL VICTORY spelled V I C T O R Y
Old 04-12-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wtf are you people talking about. Real Americans will settle for no less than TOTAL VICTORY spelled V I C T O R Y

[/ QUOTE ]

Which occurred May 1, 2003, on the deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln. So I don't know what you doomsayers are talking about. There is no conflict in Iraq any longer. "In the Battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."
Old 04-13-2007, 05:20 PM

The fact that the most powerful person in the world is a republican worries me.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which occurred May 1, 2003, on the deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln. So I don't know what you doomsayers are talking about. There is no conflict in Iraq any longer. "In the Battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot post this picture enough times. It is just. Too. Funny.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:30 PM

There's just no way I am ever going to mentally be on the same wavelength as someone who, four years later, can say Iraq is going 'well'. I'd argue *no* sane person will. That's going to make 'compromise for the troops' pretty tough.

As far as I can tell even the hardest-core of Bush cronies can only offer up a "let's wait and see, it might get better" or a vague "the price of failure is too great" as defense for these troops surges and our continued prescence in Iraq. That's really sad, considering the costs of this thing.

67% of Republicans say it's going well, holy [censored], I give up.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that the most powerful person in the world is a republican worries me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that the most powerful person in the world is either a Republican or a Democrat worries me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]