Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Libby guilty on 4/5 counts

[ QUOTE ]
and his daddy has one of the lowest number of pardons in presidential history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Armand Hammer
Caspar Weinberger
Elliott Abrams
Duane Clarridge
Alan Fiers
Clair George
Robert McFarlane
Edwin L. Cox, Jr. (bank fraud, son of rich Texan who donated $$$ to Bush Library)

He did seem to take care of his 'friends'
Old 03-06-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: A Complete Crock.....

[ QUOTE ]
My god how stupid can a jury be. This alone tells me there were 11 nitwits passing judgment on Libby'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe just the person who asked that question was an idiot. And remember, guilty verdicts need to be unanimous. Here's profiles of the jury members:

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/20...y_graphic.html

Judging from their occupations, some of them can't be that dumb:

- Investment banker with a Ph.D. in economics from MIT.
- Comptroller for Hogan & Hartson (very prestigious law firm)
- Consumer protection lawyer
- Former Washington Post reporter
- Web architect
Old 03-06-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Libby guilty on 4/5 counts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Question, though: wouldn't many pardons occur right before the President leaves office? No real danger of losing political capital at that point. Anyone have statistics or a general sense of whether that is the case? If it is, then Bush having made fewer pardons may or may not be meaningful at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. His only concern is further screwing the Republican party for house/sentate/white house control, but i'm curious if he could simply pardon Libby after the Presidential elections.

[/ QUOTE ]

All he's gotta do is say God told him to parden Libby and he's golden.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Yep...I Rest My Case

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1003554231
'"A spokesman for the jury that convicted "Scooter" Lewis of four counts today of perjury and obstruction of justice today in a federal courtroom told reporters immediately afterward that many felt sympathy for Libby and believed he was only the "fall guy."'
<font color="blue"> Oh?......so no evidence was presented against Rove or Cheney and yet this IMPARTIAL jurer claims Libby is a fall guy. Can anyone claim this jury was impartial and came to court with an open mind? If so how can they claim Libby was a "fall guy" without hearing evidence to support this claim? </font>

'"Denis Collins said, "We asked ourselves, what is HE doing here? Where is Rove and all these other guys....He was the fall guy."
He said they believed that Vice President Cheney did "task him to talk to reporters."'
'He said, "some jurors said at one point, 'We wish we weren't judging Libby...this sucks."'
<font color="blue"> Translation, we wish we could put Rove and Cheney in jail. </font>
Old 03-06-2007, 03:18 PM

Default The Impartial Jury

From your link.
*Consumer protection lawyer: Claims to have no opinion on the Iraq War. <font color="blue"> Oh really? </font>
Comptroller: Reports no strong opinion on the War in Iraq. <font color="blue"> Oh really? </font>
*Administrator: I don't think Bush was being candid. <font color="blue"> How was this person allowed on the jury? </font>
*Worker for Health and Human Services: Not particular impressed with Cheney. <font color="blue"> Is this an impartial jurer? </font>
*Investment Banker: Worked in the Clinton Admistration. <font color="blue"> Ah....he should be fair with Libby. Yes? </font>
*Retired Admin: "I don't think they have truthful or forthright about the reason for engaging" <font color="blue"> So this is an impartial jurer? </font>

These jurers revealed this info during jury selection.....
Old 03-06-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Yep...I Rest My Case

So, first they will ask for a new trial, and if that fails they will appeal this verdict.

The key question to me is:

How long can the defense postpone the need for Libby to actual check-in at Club Fed?
Old 03-06-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: The Impartial Jury

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A grand scheme is forming. A democratic leaning defense attorney must have purposely included these people. And it only took the great and wonderous puppet of the right -- Felixia, master of the peons -- to figure it out.

Busted.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From your link.
*Consumer protection lawyer: Claims to have no opinion on the Iraq War. <font color="blue"> Oh really? </font>
Comptroller: Reports no strong opinion on the War in Iraq. <font color="blue"> Oh really? </font>
*Administrator: I don't think Bush was being candid. <font color="blue"> How was this person allowed on the jury? </font>
*Worker for Health and Human Services: Not particular impressed with Cheney. <font color="blue"> Is this an impartial jurer? </font>
*Investment Banker: Worked in the Clinton Admistration. <font color="blue"> Ah....he should be fair with Libby. Yes? </font>
*Retired Admin: "I don't think they have truthful or forthright about the reason for engaging" <font color="blue"> So this is an impartial jurer? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should have been Libbys Lawyer.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:27 PM

This is just more jury nullification.

Let OJ go free to send a message to a racist LA cop...

Convict Scooter to bitch about the war...

It had nothing to do with reality. It's just message sending by a bunch of jurors enjoying their 15 minutes of fame.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:27 PM

Point:
Libby was charged with lying, period. Not 'outing' Plame. Lying about converations with officials and reporters.
Point:
It was clear what he told the FBI and the Grand Jury did not match the facts.
Point:
His 'defense' was that he was too busy with other pressing matters and merely 'forgot' or 'misspoke' instead of intentionally lying.
Point:
His defense team, by not putting Libby or Cheney on the stand, undermined the above 'defense'. The only testimony they presented was by a deputy who claimed Libby has a bad memory.