Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: The Impartial Jury

[ QUOTE ]
No matter how partial the jury was, the guy was still guilty. His defense was that he forgot? Come on you don't honestly believe that do you.. It's the same defense Rove used and it's BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of whether he is guilty or not, do you realize how difficult it is to remember some of things you did 3 years ago? If someone asked you, did you say this or that on March 16, 2004, do you think you could answer with any certainty? I couldn't.

Don't get me wrong ... I am not defending his lying ... just pointing out how hard it can be to remember what you did a month ago, let alone 3 years or more ago.

NCAces
Old 03-08-2007, 03:48 AM

Default Jury Dissection

[ QUOTE ]

*Consumer protection lawyer: Claims to have no opinion on the Iraq War. <font color="blue"> Oh really? </font>

[/ QUOTE ] Surely you can prove otherwise and tell us what the juror was really thinking. Surely anti-war, right?

Now I get it! It was a conspiracy of the anti-war crowd to infiltrate the jury.

[ QUOTE ]

Comptroller: Reports no strong opinion on the War in Iraq. <font color="blue"> Oh really? </font>

[/ QUOTE ] Another mole from the anti-war crowd. Damn!

BTW, do you know how many people check the Don't Know/Don't Care boxes in the polls about Iraq? More than you think. Don't try to paint the average American as someone deeply involved in political and foreign affairs - trust me, they's not.

[ QUOTE ]
*Administrator: I don't think Bush was being candid. <font color="blue"> How was this person allowed on the jury? </font>

[/ QUOTE ] I don't understand the logic. If the prospective juror had stated the opposite, would that mean better chances for Libby to be acquitted? The White House is blatantly trying to distance itself from Libby and isolate him. If "Bush is telling the truth" had been the juror's answer, then Libby in his mind would be the one probably lying.

[ QUOTE ]
*Worker for Health and Human Services: Not particularly impressed with Cheney. <font color="blue"> Is this an impartial juror? </font>

[/ QUOTE ] So an impartial juror is someone who is impressed with Vice President Cheney ??

They are looking for impartial jurors; NOT impressionable jurors.

[ QUOTE ]
*Investment Banker: Worked in the Clinton Admistration. <font color="blue"> Ah....he should be fair with Libby. Yes? </font>

[/ QUOTE ] Maybe, maybe not. Are you saying that anyone who has ever worked in any capacity in the Clinton Administration should be disqualified from jury duty from every trial involving people connected to the Bush administration? Would that be satisfactory to you?

[ QUOTE ]
*Retired Admin: "I don't think they have [been] truthful or forthright about the reason for engaging" <font color="blue"> So this is an impartial juror? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]Insufficient information to disqualify. Who's "they"? And what does "engaging" involve exactly for the retired admiral?

Wait! I have it. All retired U.S. officers should also be disqualified from jury duty in trials for Bush people.

Pass it on.

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Mickey Brausch
Old 03-08-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Jury Dissection

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

*Consumer protection lawyer: Claims to have no opinion on the Iraq War. <font color="blue"> Oh really? </font>

[/ QUOTE ] Surely you can prove otherwise and tell us what the juror was really thinking. Surely anti-war, right?

Now I get it! It was a conspiracy of the anti-war crowd to infiltrate the jury.

[ QUOTE ]

Comptroller: Reports no strong opinion on the War in Iraq. <font color="blue"> Oh really? </font>

[/ QUOTE ] Another mole from the anti-war crowd. Damn!

BTW, do you know how many people check the Don't Know/Don't Care boxes in the polls about Iraq? More than you think. Don't try to paint the average American as someone deeply involved in political and foreign affairs - trust me, they's not.

[ QUOTE ]
*Administrator: I don't think Bush was being candid. <font color="blue"> How was this person allowed on the jury? </font>

[/ QUOTE ] I don't understand the logic. If the prospective juror had stated the opposite, would that mean better chances for Libby to be acquitted? The White House is blatantly trying to distance itself from Libby and isolate him. If "Bush is telling the truth" had been the juror's answer, then Libby in his mind would be the one probably lying.

[ QUOTE ]
*Worker for Health and Human Services: Not particularly impressed with Cheney. <font color="blue"> Is this an impartial juror? </font>

[/ QUOTE ] So an impartial juror is someone who is impressed with Vice President Cheney ??

They are looking for impartial jurors; NOT impressionable jurors.

[ QUOTE ]
*Investment Banker: Worked in the Clinton Admistration. <font color="blue"> Ah....he should be fair with Libby. Yes? </font>

[/ QUOTE ] Maybe, maybe not. Are you saying that anyone who has ever worked in any capacity in the Clinton Administration should be disqualified from jury duty from every trial involving people connected to the Bush administration? Would that be satisfactory to you?

[ QUOTE ]
*Retired Admin: "I don't think they have [been] truthful or forthright about the reason for engaging" <font color="blue"> So this is an impartial juror? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]Insufficient information to disqualify. Who's "they"? And what does "engaging" involve exactly for the retired admiral?

Wait! I have it. All retired U.S. officers should also be disqualified from jury duty in trials for Bush people.

Pass it on.

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Mickey Brausch

[/ QUOTE ]

This was masterful. A++ will read again.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was masterful. A++ will read again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost like shooting elephants in a barrel. Heh, heh.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:38 PM

It's disgusting how the Republicans are whining about the miscarriage of justice in the Libby case. Scooter is a big boy and should know how to handle questions from investigators. The Wall Street Journal editorial page is the worst. They are running editorials every day crying about poor Lewis Libby. Remember these are the same A-holes that were like a pack of rabid wolves going after Clinton for getting a bj. Speaking of which, Gingrich just admitted he was having an extra-marital affair during the Clinton witch hunt. hahahha. Gawd I hate politics.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember these are the same A-holes that were like a pack of rabid wolves going after Clinton for getting a bj.

[/ QUOTE ]
Clinton is free to get as many BJs as he wants and the law can't touch him.
But if he lies about it on the stand, then he is guilty of perjury. As a lawyer, Clinton knew this. When he was busted, they reduced his perjury to obstruction of justice when he claimed a BJ was not sex. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The spin that Clinton was impeached for a BJ is the worst sort of falsehood..... I see you are partisan enough to swallow that fish story. What else do you believe? That 911 was an inside job. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Gingrich just admitted he was having an extra-marital affair during the Clinton witch hunt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again Gingrich can screw anyone he wants and the law can't touch him.
The difference is Gingrich did not lie under oath....
Old 03-09-2007, 07:56 PM

He was impeached for lying about something that most consider a 'non-crime'.

Just as Libby was convicted for lying under oath (and to the FBI) about something that the Republicans claim is a 'non-crime'. They keep harping "Where was the crime that they were investigating?"
Old 03-09-2007, 08:20 PM

Felix - Clinton was a victim of prosecutorial excess. The poor man was trying to do the honorable thing and protect the reputation of a young lady. Maybe everyone, conservative attack dogs included, can cut him a little slack for his legal peccadillo? I mean you want to pardon Scooter Libby right? Why should only Republican operatives get off scotch free?
Old 03-09-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
get off scotch free?

[/ QUOTE ]

scot free. Nothing to do with Scotland