Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Flopped OESFD, board pairs on turn

UTG is 50/10.8/.98 after 74 hands. He rarely folds to a flop bet, but seems to start giving up on the turn if he doesn't have anything. I hadn't seen him make any huge raises to this point.

I bet the turn feeling there was a good chance he'd fold but knowing I have a ton of outs if he doesn't. When he raises do I autopush, or does the chance he has trips or better (or a bigger flush draw) make me fold?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $9.90
Hero (BB): $12.10
UTG: $19.85
CO: $15.00
BTN: $12.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.30) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.30</font>, UTG calls $0.30, SB folds

Turn: ($0.90) 5 (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $5.90</font>, [i]Hero...
Old 10-02-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Flopped OESFD, board pairs on turn

Fold, and it's not even close. You're equity drops a ton on the turn w/ draws like this. Let it go.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:02 AM

There's a case for calling, which is that you quite possibly have 14 clean outs versus trips and you're getting 5:2 or so if Villain will put the rest of his stack in on cards that make your hand. (And I'm thinking at this point, probably he will.)

However, you will occasionally make a straight or flush and lose to a full house (in particular, the As would not be my first choice of cards to catch), and there is some chance Villain has less than he's pretending to and won't pay off. There's also some chance you're already drawing dead. I think I'd just let it go.

Meanwhile, I think pushing would basically be a spew, unless you have some reason to think Villain will fold a decent chunk of the time.

I think you've played the hand well up until now. The big turn raise was just an unexpected and unwelcome development.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:03 AM

FOLD stack are not deep enough and you could be drawing dead..