Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 06:32 AM

Default 25NL, top 2-pair, 200BB deep vs. playback after

Villain is 64/19/2 over 100 hands. For someone as bad as those numbers indicate he’s not horrible but clearly is not good. He has been calling my PFRs with garbage hoping to outflop (and had once). He would float/steal intermittently. This is bodog so I had to convert myself.

I’ll be happy to hear comments on the turn check which I expect will not be loved here but I’m more interested in what my action should be to the big turn bet by villain. I expected him to bet almost anything on the turn but not that big. Edit: My image is pretty solid/ABC with a bit of extra limping PF as all villain's call too much PF and payoff too much postflop.

Seat 1: Hero =SB ($52.65)
Seat 2: Villain = BB ($100.10)
Seat 3: X ($11.55)
Seat 4: Y ($24.75)
Seat 5: Z ($9.75)
------------------------------
Hero posts the small blind $0.10 with [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Villain: posts the big blind $0.25
--- DEALING POCKETS
X: folds
Y: folds
Z: folds
Hero: raises $0.75 to $1.00
Villain: calls $0.75
--- DEALING FLOP [9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] pot is $1.90
Hero: bets $1.60
Villain: calls $1.60
--- DEALING TURN [7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] pot is ~$5
Hero: checks
Villain: bets $10.50
Old 10-01-2007, 07:06 AM

Default Re: 25NL, top 2-pair, 200BB deep vs. playback after

c/r to 25 and shove river.

And yes bet the turn. Its not likely the 7 put him ahead of your hand. But a free card is a bad thing at this point.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:24 AM

lead turn.

as played I call turn.
then i prolly either vbet river, or check call.

c/r turn is great option as well, IDK if a guy w/ 400bb is gunna donk off w/ TP though (im guessing he'd 3 bet PF with AK or AQ, if he is a decent player).

His range is more like: As-AJ, 22+, flush draws.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:35 AM

Pretty weird bet by villain, especially because we have the As.
With that said, I would probaly shove the turn after I checked, as there is a good amount of draws out there and it would just be a little bit more then a pot-sized c/r.

Oh and, bet the turn! You dont want to give a free card with your hand on that board, ever.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:35 AM

I lead turn normally but in this case I c/r the turn to 25 like whyzze said and shove river
Old 10-01-2007, 07:51 AM

You have to either lead the turn or checkraise it as check folding what is very likely to be the best hand here is gross. I would lead for about $4, and I may fold to a raise because its pretty hard for him to raise here as a bluff when you have shown so much strength. I think the line I like best is bet turn and block safe river.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:22 AM

I like a check on this turn too, cause all the hands that have more than 3 outs probably bet this turn (flushdraws do most of the time, straightdraws, floated hands etc etc) and by check/raising them you punish them to the max. I don't think he'll check behind a hand that is drawing good versus your hand that would otherwise pay off a bet on the turn a lot here.

But what if he checks behind and the river blanks? Do we value-bet or check again?
Old 10-01-2007, 03:31 PM

A bit more on my read: Preflop villain can have almost ATC here...he had called me earlier with 24o (and of course hit trips on the flop)

On the flop, his call only slightly narrows his range.

On the turn, I expected villain to bet almost anything he had including/especially his draws. A check through would have sucked but I really did not think I would be giving him a free card when his hand was live...hence the reason for the check with a plan to checkraise.

When he bets big on the turn my view of his range changes radically and that was not his MO for a bluff. I expect he has anything from TPGK or better, draw, or combo draw.

I agree I need to C/R here. If I c/r to $25 then a FD still has ok implied odds and a combo draw is an easy call...so I shoved.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A bit more on my read: Preflop villain can have almost ATC here...he had called me earlier with 24o (and of course hit trips on the flop)

On the flop, his call only slightly narrows his range.

On the turn, I expected villain to bet almost anything he had including/especially his draws. A check through would have sucked but I really did not think I would be giving him a free card when his hand was live...hence the reason for the check with a plan to checkraise.

When he bets big on the turn my view of his range changes radically and that was not his MO for a bluff. I expect he has anything from TPGK or better, draw, or combo draw.

I agree I need to C/R here. If I c/r to $25 then a FD still has ok implied odds and a combo draw is an easy call...so I shoved.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. I think he actually has something here so I like a crai. Lots of rivers are going to look scary for both of you, don´t give him a reason to fold his AJ or whatever. Also, he isn´t calling with his missed draws on the river.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:05 PM

now that you checked I think it's an easy push. You have top two, and you absolutely crush his range. he could have 95,97,A5, or A7, in addition to combo draws and sets. Pushing won't fold out two pair and you will fold out the draws. You obv lose if he has 86 for the straight or if he has a set, but you're ahead here very frequently.