Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Politics Forum Split

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, people are being a bit too thin-skinned. One thing to realize is that tone is incredibly hard to detect on the internets due to sarcasm or poor writing. Especially since posts happen in real time, people may fire off knee jerk reactions. Indeed, I have gotten a bit annoyed, when people attack my beliefs but stuff happens. I've been called political slurs from all across the spectrum so I might find that amusing. A lot of times the things being said aren't personal. But for those with thin skins, please read BBV/BBV4life; you might find your heart condition improving.

However, ever since you have been the sole mod of this forum (or so it seems) you have done fine IMO. In fact, I have been more willing to post and read there. You do delete posts that are nothing but personal attacks, like posts that insult posters not even in the debate, and that's perfectly fine. It's fine the way it is right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The AC faq has decreased discussion about AC, which was it's intended purpose. Many people will put rendom questions about AC in threads, and Instead of hijacking a thread ACist can simply tell the person to read the part of the faq that addresses this question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have not visited politics for a while, mostly because it is overrun with AC content.

So, I have a solution. When an ACer wishes to make their point about government being a non-solution, they can just put a link to the FAQ. Perhaps the site could even provide a button that automatically links the FAQ and the subject could say "AC rules" or something.

Frankly the whole AC hijack of the forum(combined with the Israel thing) has turned me off visiting that forum.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The AC faq has decreased discussion about AC, which was it's intended purpose. Many people will put rendom questions about AC in threads, and Instead of hijacking a thread ACist can simply tell the person to read the part of the faq that addresses this question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have not visited politics for a while, mostly because it is overrun with AC content.

So, I have a solution. When an ACer wishes to make their point about government being a non-solution, they can just put a link to the FAQ. Perhaps the site could even provide a button that automatically links the FAQ and the subject could say "AC rules" or something.

Frankly the whole AC hijack of the forum(combined with the Israel thing) has turned me off visiting that forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop moving the goalposts, using that canard, that old bromide, daring to disagree with AC, daring to support anything NOT AC, NOT agreeing with completely inane analogies, not aquiescing to being called a troll for disagreeing, being intellectually dishonest, using strawmen, NOT enjoying being insulted, NOT enjoying hijacks, not bowing down to the AC idealogy...and all will be fine.

Now run along. There's nothing to see here.
Iron, Shakezulu, and pvn say it's all ok so it must be ok.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop moving the goalposts, using that canard, that old bromide, daring to disagree with AC, daring to support anything NOT AC, NOT agreeing with completely inane analogies, not aquiescing to being called a troll for disagreeing, being intellectually dishonest, using strawmen, NOT enjoying being insulted, NOT enjoying hijacks, not bowing down to the AC idealogy...and all will be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

black is white, up is down, ACers are hijackers. Don't point out the flaws in our arguments, just STFU and listen.

Broken record.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

black is white, up is down, ACers are hijackers. Don't point out the flaws in our arguments, just STFU and listen.

Broken record.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW. A bit of honesty on your argument policy. Refreshing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem really occured when Cyrus got banned. That caused other really good posters to stop posting. Then MB (Cyrus 2) got banned and a few more strong debators left. Now we're left with the dominent group being a bunch of radicals many of whom actively "troll".

It's annoying but nothing will change. I'm sure Mason is happy for the politics forum to be extreme libertarian rather than some of the stuff Cyrus would come up with. He'd rather close it that have that sort of content, and it is his forum so why not.

I'm not reading it anymore though, along with many others.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem really occured when Cyrus got banned. That caused other really good posters to stop posting. Then MB (Cyrus 2) got banned and a few more strong debators left. Now we're left with the dominent group being a bunch of radicals many of whom actively "troll".

It's annoying but nothing will change. I'm sure Mason is happy for the politics forum to be extreme libertarian rather than some of the stuff Cyrus would come up with. He'd rather close it that have that sort of content, and it is his forum so why not.

I'm not reading it anymore though, along with many others.

[/ QUOTE ]

"ditto"
Old 07-14-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. This is like the ultimate sour grapes post. Mason's banning of cyrus is preventing you from adding "good stuff" to the forum.

If you're boycotting because of editorial positions, that's one thing. But to suggest that the (poorly considered, IMO) decision to suppress one particular topic is promoting some other non-related position or restricting your ability to post intelligently on some other position is laughable.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:23 AM

pvn,

You should know from past experience that eviltwin is largely immune to logic.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pvn,

You should know from past experience that eviltwin is largely immune to logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, huh....

Excuse me while I stick my finger down my throat when I hear you berating someone else's logic.
Closed Thread