Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Rio\'s River of Dream\'s tourney-how did you fare?

Did anyone do anything in this crapshoot?

I went out at the 500/1000 with pocket 4's versus AJ and J9.

AA5 flop pretty much sealed my fate.

I should have been pushing from the beginning, the table was incredibly tight passive.

Anyone with some talent that was able to get some chips should have a good shot.

Side Note-Good beat for me. The hotel was full when I checked in at 3am, so they had to give me what they called the "super Penthouse".

Its three stories, with 3 bedrooms, 4 baths, a gym, kitchen, lr & dr. Super gaudy and cheesy, but it has a coffee pot which is all I really care about.

Lol, talk about overkill for one person, but you wont catch me complaining. Not sure how long I'll get to stay, but they haven't booted me yet.

It's times like this that I could really use an entourage
Old 07-02-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Rio\'s River of Dream\'s tourney-how did you fare?

Win some money and some fake friends will follow!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:34 PM

Yim, normally when they upgrade you, your there for the duration, so enjoy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

One woman at our table was really knocking them out left and right. We knicknamed her that name of the female terminator in Terminator 3 (I forget what she was called now).

I was the heavy set lady at the table by the doors where you first came in, with the white LIPStour golf shirt and cap.

As for me, sadly, I made a bad mistake on my part, and went out just before the break.

The blinds were 500, 1k, and I forget what position I was at offhand. One guy calls, and another goes all in for slightly less than 3k, and I had about 11k left. It's folded around to me, and I look down and see A/3 O/S. Normally I'd fold here, but at these levels, it's like a turbo, so I call. Three others call besides me.

The Flop comes King, Jack, 10, rainbow. Everyone checks.

Turn comes an Ace, now this is where I had a brain fart. Instead of realizing someone could have a Queen, the guy that originally called before the all in guy, goes all in himself, and dummy me, I call, thinking he's just making a move (he has more than me).

He turned over King/Queen o/s and I know I'm done, and I am right, no queen comes for a split pot, nor runner runner for quad aces or any cards to make a full house (my only other outs).

Up until then I'd actually been doing very good. Was very surprised that at our table we had half a table of men and half of women.

I also spoke with the lady who puts on the promo. She says she reads the forum here herself (wouldn't tell me what her user name was). She also said they run this (10k) tourney (mostly for diamond players) on a Monthly basis.

So, be sure to play a lot there, craps, table games, slots, and you could be invited back next month.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:43 PM

Bummer about the brain fart, best of luck on the rest of your stay.

I assume if they don't tell me to move out, they cant end up charging me for the room because I didn't take the time to ask them if I needed to relocate?

The guy mentioned it might only be for one night, but didn't tell me to check out or call the front desk, so I didn't feel the need to rock the boat
Old 07-02-2007, 09:16 PM

If they give you a hastle about it Yim, ask for the manager, and point out that you didn't ask for this room, they upgraded it to you, and if they wanted you to move, all they had to do was leave you a voice mail message on your phone in your room.

I've had this happen before to me when I used to travel all the time for my job. They'd be sold out of the room I was supposed to get, so I'd be upgraded for my entire stay and only pay the price of my original room.

Same kind of thing goes when say you get to the rental car agency and you booked the subcompact, and all they have available is the Caddy with all the bells and wistles.

you'll get to drive the Caddy for the entire duration, but only have to pay the subcompact price.

BTW, two others I know got upgraded at the Rio as well, because they got in later than most.

Happens all the time.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:19 PM

I didn't make it nearly as far as you folks. I saw a number of good starting hands that went nowhere, the looked down at QQ in MP with 1 limper (200/400 I had about 3000), and pushed. The SB called with K5o (he had about 2300 left) and hit his K on the turn.

The good thing is that a guy had just been moved to our table, that declared that he talked a lot + sang at the table and would take requests. He then started singing Sinatra (very poorly). I guess the guy thought this was them main event TV table. I only had to endure him for 3 or 4 hands...
Old 07-02-2007, 09:22 PM

sweet, thanks for the info. I might start taking the redeye more often.

Which tournies do you plan to play while your here?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its three stories, with 3 bedrooms, 4 baths, a gym, kitchen, lr & dr. Super gaudy and cheesy, but it has a coffee pot which is all I really care about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rent your gym out to other 2+2ers that have been asking about a gym.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rent your gym out to other 2+2ers that have been asking about a gym.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you caught me, I used the word "gym" because I was too lazy to write a room with a treadmill, stationary bike and one of those all in one weight machines.

The guy that posted that question about where to work out would be severly disappointed