Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 05:13 AM

Default 220$ NLTRN TPWK first hand dangerous board

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t1500)
BB (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40.

Flop: (t120) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t300</font>, Hero calls t200.

Turn: (t720) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t560</font>,

This is the very first hand. Should I play differently? c/r c line usually means a draw, but it is a scary flop to play a draw so strong on the first hand. Should I check turn behind and call any river bet?
Old 10-21-2007, 05:20 AM

Default Re: 220$ NLTRN TPWK first hand dangerous board

as u played it, get it in on the turn
Old 10-21-2007, 05:25 AM

i think you played it fine. i find people often play alot crazier first hand, as they are expecting people to cower and fold anythin but the nuts due to lack of reads.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:50 PM

any sharkscope stats on this guy? If not, Im folding the flop to his raise a fair bit of the time. I'd say the best way to analyze this hand is to pokerstove all the combos of hands he could have and see where you stand against taht range. I'm pretty sure you will not like your equity that much, even if you weight the draws heavily. Against a well-known bluffy player, of course we'd ship the flop on a 4 bet shove.......All the action on this hand must go down on the flop !!!!!!!

Indy
Old 10-21-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any sharkscope stats on this guy? If not, Im folding the flop to his raise a fair bit of the time. I'd say the best way to analyze this hand is to pokerstove all the combos of hands he could have and see where you stand against taht range. I'm pretty sure you will not like your equity that much, even if you weight the draws heavily. Against a well-known bluffy player, of course we'd ship the flop on a 4 bet shove.......All the action on this hand must go down on the flop !!!!!!!

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have sharkscope stats on that guy. I was considering folding the flop. But aren't we supposed to at least call the flop and fold to any continued aggression?
Old 10-21-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have sharkscope stats on that guy. I was considering folding the flop. But aren't we supposed to at least call the flop and fold to any continued aggression?

[/ QUOTE ]

not at all....villain isn't gonna just shut down on the turn a high % of the time. Most of the time he's gonna commit on the turn. Peeling off a card would be reasonable with deeper stacks, but not here with such shallow stacks.

Indy
Old 10-21-2007, 04:27 PM

Against players that I know like to raise their draws I would shove this flop. Readless, I'd look to get this in on any non-club turn.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:53 AM

i dont like turn raise. i think it would be way better to make weak bet (about 200) to iduce bluff or take a value. if your plan to call his reraise i dont think any value in your bet. he'd easilly fold King to your bet now.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against players that I know like to raise their draws I would shove this flop. Readless, I'd look to get this in on any non-club turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-22-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why you wouldn't just ship the flop if you KNEW he were on a flush draw.