Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 04:27 AM

Default Re: $5/$10 Set River Decision (Hand reading related)

i feel like youre a losing player who gets sick of losing / berated for being a retard so you post hands where results oriented you played well but against their actual range of hands you played like an absolute retard. i guess this somehow in turn makes you feel smarter because you got max value out of a hand that other wouldnt have and in turn leads you to think you're the best player like ever. whatever works.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i feel like youre a losing player who gets sick of losing / berated for being a retard so you post hands where results oriented you played well but against their actual range of hands you played like an absolute retard. i guess this somehow in turn makes you feel smarter because you got max value out of a hand that other wouldnt have and in turn leads you to think you're the best player like ever. whatever works.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I find a lot of NY Walker's reasoning to be flawed and incorrect - the reality is that he is an extremely profitable tournament player - particularly live. He is not a losing player. Dealing with the specifics of the hand and his analysis would be worthwile. Calling him names is not.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I find a lot of NY Walker's reasoning to be flawed and incorrect - the reality is that he is an extremely profitable tournament player - particularly live. He is not a losing player. Dealing with the specifics of the hand and his analysis would be worthwile. Calling him names is not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite the testament to how any monkey can beat live tournament poker.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:11 PM

Including you, NYWalker. Did you really just say this?

[ QUOTE ]
There are so many donkeys here just calling names or simply saying "you suck at poker" while they are actually losing players and can't understand why others keep winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are such an unbelieveable fish with a big head. I've seen you play online, you are terrible. Don't insult the posters who don't already know what a retard you are, as they would all crush you in basically any form of poker (they were trying to help you at first)
Old 10-24-2007, 02:07 PM

Bakes,

Even you have called my names several times in HSMTTs, I don't think I have ever called your name once.

Here is what a good 2+2 HSMTT play says about you:
-------------------
[ QUOTE ]

1. LOL, you are the biggest douchebag on 2p2. You may be better at poker, I don't know, but you're a miserable prick who will get his, probably in the Bahamas when I look you up.
--------------------
2. Not worked up, far from it. Just believe people ought to treat other people respectfully, either on the internet or in person. Otherwise, when you're a douchebag to someone repeatedly, you may come across them in person, and end up pissing your pants when you make the connection.

Keep being a douchebag, it'll happen to you eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]
======================

Finally, you said you saw me played online and I played terrible poker. I only played at pokerstars a few tournaments this year since July. I put in $300 in May and won WCOOP $1060 seat from $30R and $215R seat from $10R (I didn't play $215R due to my work schedule). Then, I finished 106th out of 4500 players in WCOOP $1060 and 62th out of 3000 in the WCOOP ME (being top 10 CL for 2 levels when the field down to 160 players). I think it's not that terrible. So, stop being a douchebag, start being a decent human being.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:36 PM

I'm not getting involved in a big drama bomb, but if anyone lays a finger on Bakes because of something said on an internet forum, you'll have me to answer to.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:58 PM

congrats on your outstanding tournament success in the WCOOP.
no one cares.
doing well in a few donkaments != good player.

you butchered this hand in every manner possible except for the PF call. you are never going to stack him or build a decent pot by minraising and weakbetting, hoping he raises.

standard = check behind a set in live poker? ahhahahahahah.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:02 PM

invid, eagles, rand, frozzor, d2themfi,

STOP IT

As for the hand, stack sizes are important, and as long as you can get the money in comfortably on the river, I don't mind the flop and turn play much vs this villain.

[ QUOTE ]
Plan B, standard, check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
????????????????????????????????????

As for whether or not OP is good at poker or not, I don't really give a flying [censored], and will lock the thread if it continues in that direction.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you use the same analysis against all the players at all levels, you are wrong. Poker is people's game first and card second. This is why hand reading plays critical part in poker.

You don't have to agree with my analysis. You can give yours in response, like " I put him on xx and I'd raise the flop $300, if he calls, then I put him on yy, and my turn plan is... here is how I plan to get the rest chips into pot in 2 or 3 chunks..." Then we discuss how likely we get max value.

There are so many donkeys here just calling names or simply saying "you suck at poker" while they are actually losing players and can't understand why others keep winning.

They lose pots in live or get busted in tournament by the same "retard" but they still don't understand why. Yes, you can say retard is always at the plus side of variance. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(as played, I bet $250 at the river, he shoved $1250 with A9o, I called.)
Old 10-24-2007, 12:28 PM

NYWalker, I am not going to get into all the immature name calling that has become commonplace on this forum ever since it became infested by 16 yr olds. That being said, my question is this....why do you post a hand that you clearly feel you played perfectly? It seems like anytime someone gives you a critisism in this hand (which is the whole purpose of ppl posting) you counter with all of the reasons why your actions were perfect in the hand. Without being results oriented I feel it is impossible for any objective person with a deep poker knowledge to opine that you played this hand well. It is unwise to put your opponent on "nothing" and play the hand accordingly even though all of his actions in the hand say otherwise. You have to put opponents on hand ranges and, with a big hand, try to get the most money in as possible vs. the part of his range that you beat. While you're clearly quite proud of yourself for getting this particular opponent to stack off with A9o, the reality is that it was more likely for him to have a wide range of hands that you could have cost yourself a lot of value against b/c of your weak line. Finally, I don't understand how you can be 100% certain that your opponent has air on the flop, yet you decide to raise?? And when someone has the audacity to question this irrational action you remind them how great of a player you are. From reading many of your posts, it is clear to me that you do lack a fundamental understanding of the more important concepts of the game. That is not an attack on you as a person, but only my assesment from information you've provided to us about your thinking through several posts. Instead of trying to teach everyone on here how to play, maybe you should eat some humble pie and try to learn from the many great posters on here. Just my two cents...