Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (week of 11/5 - Of Mouth and Men)

Quote Mixe Sexton tuesday "If there's a tie in the game it's a good game" That's for sure Mike!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:07 PM

boston talking a lot of [censored] about antonio on that lasvegas forum.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:10 PM

Bitching about every single hand you get dealt does not make for good tv.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good god, who let the creeper on the set of PAD.

[/ QUOTE ]

full tilt needs to enforce its "no freaks" policy better imo
Old 11-08-2007, 01:46 PM

Drag Queen -->
Old 11-08-2007, 01:46 PM

Matusow is terrible. His bluffs make no sense at all, he'll bet 20% of the pot on the river trying to push his opponent off of top pair.

Boston is annoying as hell.

Wasicka, Esfandiari and Sexton are playing very good poker.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gold is so retarded it's unebelievable. I mean check trip queens twice then reraising wasicka. Wasicka knew that gold overvalues hands and against anyone else should and would have mucked to the reraise but he knew that gold could easily overvalue his hand there. How retarded is gold there, he just isn't a very good player. And i would hate to play with boston.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you hate to play with Boston and want to play with Gold. I'd chose it the other way around. At least I know that I can make Boston fold quite often and he will hardly bluff me out of a single pot. Obviously you must be looking for something else, a guy that you can't bluff, who bluffs you instead. Congrationlations for your table selection!

[/ QUOTE ]

Boston ain't good at holdem but i was more referring to his constant talking and shouting, even to players involved in a big hand. At the least he'd be midly irritating. At worst, he'd tilt and aggravate a lot of players imo. But his game isn't holdem, as they say on the show he rarely plays.

Gold is so bad it's unbelievable. First he checks 2 streets with trips, good kicker against a tight player who isn't going to try and bluff. Then when he bets out on the river and wasicka raises, to rearaise is terrible. I mean in essence he's turning his hand into a bluff. Wasicka is not checking queens twice and then raising the river. Gold overvalues his hands so badly. In a pot against Matusow where he flops top pair, no kicker in a multi way pot he calls two decent sized bets on flop and turn without even stopping to think. Surely when matusow bets the turn he has to think of folding, Matusow will rarely bet into 4 people with nothing. And also his play in hsp this season has been poor imo. He's been hit by the deck but he can't seem to value bet. His general play of betting the river with nothing and checking with top pair, 2 pair straight was laughable considering how light his opponents would be willing to call him down. I'm sure if anyone played with him long enough he'd bluff his money away.

Nah this is 2 stupid, ur obviously levelling.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was so praying for that 8 on the river. Finally Jamie insta-checks his flopped monster into a backdoor outdraw. He really is terrible. Also, shame on Matusow for chip dumping to Gold with 8 high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Wasicka. I like the way he plays. I like the way he acts. I didn't like that he almost mucked the straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously? the fact that he thought so long about it, to me, just further demonstrates that he knows what he's doing. this would be a quick fold against anyone else at the table. against jamie it's even a tough call to make because gold would have to be so braindead that he didn't bother trying to put wasicka on a hand at ALL (wasicka never checks a weaker Q twice or calls the reraise with it), and that he overvalues the living hell out of his own hand.

i would have called too, only because it's jamie, but i'd have thought about it. everyone knows jamie is bad but this just showed he has no bloody idea what he's doing. wasicka basically had to make a read that gold was too in love with his trip Qs to even try to put wasicka on a hand. that's tough to do (and tellbox jamie was radiating genuine strength). even wasicka wasn't 100% sure he was quite that awful
Old 11-08-2007, 04:34 PM

i havent read any of this thread, but ill say this: that guy on speed is [censored] annoying.

edit: its high not low. STFU!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:54 PM

best part of the show is episode 1 where Crazy Boston is singing some song he dosnt know the name of, and then Ali Nejad says what the name of the song is. Then I guess someone tells Boston the name of the song and Boston says "ty (other persons name)..."

And then Ali out of nowhere says:

"It's Ali, Bitch"