Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2006, 01:10 AM

Default what are Roddick\'s chances really?

betting markets say 6/1.
I say much better than that.
So yes, even tho I am a huge Federer guy, I am tipping Andy at this price in this match.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:36 AM

Default Re: what are Roddick\'s chances really?

6:1? That's crazy. I know little to nothing about tennis, but I don't see how anyone with a decent background could be a 6:1 underdog in the final of a major tournament. I don't care how dominant Federer's been.

That's equivalent to about a 17 point underdog in football. I just don't see how you give Federer that big of an edge over someone with Roddick's talent who's (lately at least) been on his A-game.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6:1? That's crazy. I know little to nothing about tennis, but I don't see how anyone with a decent background could be a 6:1 underdog in the final of a major tournament. I don't care how dominant Federer's been.

That's equivalent to about a 17 point underdog in football. I just don't see how you give Federer that big of an edge over someone with Roddick's talent who's (lately at least) been on his A-game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obv. don't know much about tennis.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:38 AM

17 point undergood in football...you mean like 1 over 2 by 17 points tonight. Id say federer should have the equivalent of a 30 point spread.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:50 AM

Theres 17 point favorites all the time in college.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:55 AM

Well, I led my statement saying I didn't know much about tennis, but you really like Federer giving 6:1?

My statement about football was just saying that the quality of opponent that gets made a 17 point underdog is the type that gets a +600 spread.

For instance, do you think Federer would be more of a lock to beat Roddick than LSU was to beat Arizona straight up.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:18 AM

IMHO people are underestimating Roddick here. This whole US open he has been a new person and new player. Conners has had a big influence on him since taking over as his coach. I know Federer is great but I can see this match being something amazing to watch and a lot closer than people think. This new attitude Roddick has is something that can really give him an edge over a person like Federer who at times can get lazy against players in the finals when he thinks it will be a walk in the park win.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:52 AM

federer rolls him in straights. iggy, you know nothing about tennis. all i do is bet federer to win majors and ive lost once, when he was an underdog to nadal in the french. im up over 8 thousand dollars. coincidentally, i was also on lsu today, hiyo!
Old 09-10-2006, 03:01 AM

Theres always value in parlaying federer with every bet on your card for the day. I do that all the time, sure it would be -ev but we're talking about Roger Effin Federer.

The real way to make money on Rogi is betting his sets,

I laid 4 units on him in the Aussie this yr to win 3-1 in the finals over Bombs over Baghdatis.. laid just enough on him to win in 5, to cover my action if the cooler happened. and made a pretty sweet profit.

same with Wimbledon. 3-1 over the capri wearing Nadal.

this tomato can roddick might take a set from him, but that's about it. 10-1 lifetime, hasn't even lost a set to him since 2004.

The connors crap is getting almost as old as hearing how Jerome Bettis was from Detroit during the playoffs last yr.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:03 AM

Lazy??!!1 he's lost only 1 finals slam match ever. and that was against Nadal on clay in ridiculous heat.