Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever pulled yr pud while reading/posting to 2+2?
Yes 31 31.31%
No 22 22.22%
BASTAHHHHH OOH OH GOD UH WHAT IT DO ugggggggghhhhhhhhhgghgahkglkcd-9897^(Uhbn 087 (6chowmeow) almosttherehjchh8y084 PT*^YT k, es08[0fusenship pit. 46 46.46%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2007, 04:06 AM

Default Re: If you got Ladanian Tomlinson and a few of his closest friends...

guys guys, only black men from the usa are good athletes. everyone else is just lucky they only compete in like, three sports. don't tell them about raquetball or we're all screwed!

black men from the rest of the planet are just too poor, or they'd be ripping it up at sports that you have to be rich to compete in, like soccer. africans can't compete with brasilians and mexicans, that's just crazy talk!

seriously though, you could take any collection of current nfl players you want, freeze them at their current age for a decade and spend the entire ten years doing nothing but training them to play rugby, and they'd still get killed by any decent rugby side. nfl players are completely the wrong shape and size to play rugby.

you would be much better off with hockey players, as someone else pointed out. hockey players are big and fast, but built for endurance, not explosive power. ed jovanovski, vincent lecavalier and alexei kovalev would be awesome rugby players if they were properly trained (ie, from a young age). even soccer players would likely do better, although most of them are too small.

basketball players might have a chance, altho so few people play basketball i doubt they have enough top athletes to really be competitive. seriously, if steve nash is a top athlete in your league, you really can't claim anything.

[ QUOTE ]
The blog article suggests that all 40 times aren't "real" due to the reaction time of coaches using stop watches, amongst over things....I pretty much stopped reading there, as I agree with the principle he is referring too, and that is why I only cite 40 times run on the laser, which the NFL combine has been using for 17 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

NFL combine times are hand started, the laser only ends the clock. it's widely accepted that this chops .15 to .25 seconds off the true times.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

basketball players might have a chance, altho so few people play basketball i doubt they have enough top athletes to really be competitive. seriously, if steve nash is a top athlete in your league, you really can't claim anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

"so few people play basketball i doubt they have enough top athletes to really be competitive."

Seriously??

105,322 and counting
Old 10-30-2007, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"so few people play basketball i doubt they have enough top athletes to really be competitive."

Seriously??

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously. the global population of (serious) basketball players is tiny. way smaller than rugby players.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
obviously if you gave FRIDGE 6 months training he would beat lennox. he's by far the superior athlete. plus they have tons of facilities in america.

[/ QUOTE ]

Level, yes? This is becoming like that "who wins in a fight, boxer/seal/MMA/whatever" thread where IIRC we correctly got to "the MMA guy and it's not close"
Old 10-30-2007, 08:59 AM

lol @ "football players are not built for rugby".

And Roy Jones Jr. and Evander Holyfield were once middleweights. If they could move UP weight classes and still dominate, within like, a handful of years, I'm pretty sure NFL football players' bodies could adjust to the needs of Rugby within 10 YEARS.

Bodies change, that is evidenced by The Fridge weighing like 450 pounds now. lol.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:31 AM

the nfl players size and explosiveness will be reduced considerably if they are to develop the stamina required for the constant running of rugby.

will they still be the most explosive on the pitch? i dont think anyone can know, but they simply will not have the top end speed they have now.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:18 PM

prohorn,

of course they could adjust their bodies in 10 years. of course at this point they'd be 10 years older than when they'd begin. and yet you think it's a nobrainer that they're gonna beat an australian team who has dominated the sport for an entire century? haha

i just don't understand this mentality that they are vastly superior athletes. these guys are not jokes. nathan hindmarsh :

Hindmarsh often tops the tackle count in games and on occasion tackles until he is physically ill, as witnessed in State Of Origin 2005 when he vomited at the end of Game 2.

Hindmarsh is known for his endurance. In a 14-10 loss to Melbourne Storm in 2007 he made an all-time NRL record of 75 tackles.

guy is 6ft1, 230lbs. incredible athlete.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:22 PM

Whatever, man. These pictures are worth a thousand words.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So who belongs on the NFL SUPER-TEAM?

Adrian Peterson
LaDainian Tomlinson
Steven Jackson
Ronnie Brown
Vince Young
Devin Hester
Brian Urlacher
Shawne Merriman
DeMarcus Ware
Mario Williams
Julius Peppers
Julian Peterson
Ed Reed
Adalius Thomas
Terrell Suggs

[/ QUOTE ]

tom brady for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol? QBs would get absolutely killed in a rugby game. Plus being a good NFL passer /= being a good rugby passer.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:33 PM

I think you've been levelled, chap.