Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: TE
Witten vs NYG 3 42.86%
A Smith vs PHI 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: A question for those who love sitting next to fatties on planes...

[ QUOTE ]

Also account for deep vein thrombosis from this situation, If I ever experienced this from a flight, I would sue the airline in a second , and I'm not a sue crazy person

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you weren't American...?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:52 PM

i'm just over 6'0, but i have disproportionately long legs. i've also had three knee surgeries due to soccer injuries. everytime one of you pricks reclines his seat, i'm forced to sit splayed legged with my knees jammed into the space between the seats in front of me. this is not just uncomfortable for me, but uncomfortable for the people beside me and uncomfortable for you, most likely. i'm not at all happy about this, but i can't make my legs shorter, sorry! if you'd just not recline, however, we could all be happy.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:53 PM

Makes me remember how nice Qantas was for giving us an exit row, 15 feet of leg room on our flight back from Sydney. They actually gave it to us (i'm 6'4" 230) instead of some other people who requested it.

Unfortunately, those Bastards won't give us a free upgrade to first class, yet we'll give it to them everytime they fly with us. Oh well.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also account for deep vein thrombosis from this situation, If I ever experienced this from a flight, I would sue the airline in a second, and I'm not a sue crazy person, but I would just want to get their attention the only way possible, by attacking their bottom line.

-- also, reclining the seat, for a tall person, doesn't give them more leg room, I have seen a few people making this argument and it doesn't make sense, I can sit upright for hours, its my legs that hurt, not my back.

[/ QUOTE ]

It gives you a chance to get your knees out of a right angle, and get them at least no higher than your thighs. That does a lot for blood flow and to make your legs and back much less stiff.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:06 PM

bl,

"I do this too, but it's all about discourteous behavior by people. I would love to sit with my girlfriend on a long flight, but if there are other tall people and no more exit rows, she'll move and sit elsewhere. People only account for themselves and not others."

That's really nice of you and your gf, but I think that's taking things way beyond the level of common courtesy.

"Think about it from the perspective of we paid the same amount for this ticket, yet, I'm drastically more uncomfortable then you by no fault of my own."

That's sorta silly. A big guy is going to be a lot more hungry after eating the same meal as a petite woman. They are paying the same amount, yet the big guy has a far less satisfying dining experience. Should he get more food to make things equal? In the case of the plane trip, both people are paying a certain amount for a certain amount of space on a plane. Oftentimes there are options to plan ahead or pay extra that allow for additional space. Everyone is getting what they pay for. Being tall on a plane is suckier than being short. In other situations, being short is suckier than being tall. Should all tall people at concerts have to stand at the back to provide a better viewing experience for short people?

If the person behind me is really cramped, I generally won't recline at all. But if the person in front of me reclines and their seatback is now right up in my face, I will sometimes need to recline as well to be comfortable. If the tall guy wants to go ask the guy in front of me not to recline, he's welcome to do so.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

for the record, I don't recline based on whether or not the dude in front of me does. If I want to recline, I recline, and if I don't, I don't. I don't know where the idea of this "domino effect" came from.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If the person behind me is really cramped, I generally won't recline at all. But if the person in front of me reclines and their seatback is now right up in my face, I will sometimes need to recline as well to be comfortable

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-25-2007, 06:12 PM

Yeti,

WTF w/ non-attributed quotes in QR, dumbass.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:43 PM

The main point is that if someone reclines JUST because the guy in front of him reclined, because he feels everything has to be fair, then that is stupid.

Recline if you want to recline, don't if you don't. Who cares about the person in front or behind you. You've each paid the same for your ticket, and are each given the option to recline.

IMO, the people who recline just because they feel cheated are the bigger douches. Diablo, and perhaps others recline not because they feel cheated but because they might feel legitimately cramped.

But the domino effect out of spite is just stupid, and douchey imo.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:46 PM

Who's said anything about domino effect out of spite?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:54 PM

"Sir, would you mind not reclining your seat?"

"Sorry, I'm reclining out of spite."