Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Good Luck Chuck--3% Tomatometer!

dane cook hate is SO POPULAR right now, and i can't really understand why. i guess jealousy? i personally don't really dig him, but the hate so fervent and widespread these days.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:02 AM

He's basically just a human litmus test for judging how stupid people are. If you think his act is funny, you are probably stupid.

At least Carlos Mencia isn't doing tons of movies.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dane cook really tilts the [censored] out of me for some reason that i can't explain. i just have this burning, visceral hatred for the guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh, did Jeter give you the herp too? lol
Old 09-22-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dane cook hate is SO POPULAR right now, and i can't really understand why. i guess jealousy? i personally don't really dig him, but the hate so fervent and widespread these days

[/ QUOTE ]

He has been hated by all comics (just like Mencia) for a very long time and the Dane Cook hatred has been going on for awhile--it's just a little more "in your face" b/c he has been quoted to say that he doesn't want to do stand up anymore and so you see him doing [censored] movies and that GODDAMN "THIS IS OCTOBER, THERE IS ONLY ONE OCTOBER COMMERCIAL"! BLAH.

Anyway, who cares if everyone hates him it is easy to hate someone that is a shill. He is an internet comic, and a market comic--he became famous by using tools other than what comics have used for decades--humor, wit, timing--his acting ability. Then he used the stand up platform to launch a movie career b/c he didn't really want to do that anyway but he knew that that was much easier of a business to get into. He is a poseur and a hack, who cares if everyone else hates him, you should hate this guy for everything he represents.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No poof in panties = hotdog bun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure I will be ridiculed for this, but I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I have no idea what this means.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:11 AM

bunch of stand ups talked about Dane Cook hate on Howard Stern not too long ago. They were mostly saying it was jealousy.

They talked about how he sold out 2 shows at Madison Square Garden and how impossible that was for a comedian. They all said they didnt think he was that funny, but they were just all jealous.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure I will be ridiculed for this, but I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I have no idea what this means.

[/ QUOTE ]

it means her snatch is an innie and not an outie
Old 09-22-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no. The ridicule is all mine. And Ocho is correct.

Some vaginas (outies) cause panty bulge from larger, splayed labia minora- and/or from landing strip/natural pubic growth.

Other vaginas (innies) have everything neatly tucked away- add to that a clean shave or wax-------> hotdog bun.(no bulge or "poof")
Old 09-22-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They all said they didnt think he was that funny, but they were just all jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

these two thoughts are not mutually exclusive.

comedians are ugly, half-starved attention whores who resent others' success, but most of them have no integrity at all. dane cook is worthless and not very funny, but they'd still want to be him - people think he is funny.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I read somewhere (maybe oot) that this movie is like 2 years old, and was going to be released and promoed as a "Dane cook is a player" movie, but then everybody reaized that Dane Cooke is the most hated man in America so they had to repackage as "Jessica Alba is hot".

[/ QUOTE ]

100% correct. His agent, knowing how oversaturated Dane would be, took the Ben Affleck approach and did every movie offered to him. The one with him and Carrell that comes out next month doesn't look that bad, I don't think he'll ever be leading material, but could be used in small roles pretty well, like his role in Waiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck chuck shot in august and september of 2006. i know because i worked on it, sadly. it was held probably six months, at most.