Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 10:11 PM

Default I has a set

20/40 at FW.

UTG is unknown. SB's VPIP is higher than his IQ. BB is too loose and tricky but not especially horrendous. UTG+1 is laggy in pos but more straightforward OOP. Ive seen him open 33 and A6s in early pos, but I think he tightens up a bit after limpers.

Preflop UTG limps, UTG+1 raises, folded to me in CO, I 3 bet T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] sb takes 3 to the face, bb calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
checked to me, I bet, sb calls, bb and UTG fold, UTG+1 calls

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Checked to me, i bet, sb calls, UTG+1 raises
Old 11-10-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: I has a set

i think it's a close 3-bet if you think sb is bad enough to come along with a2 or whatever he holds. i think we are ahead of utg1 some of the time; the question to me is can he handread enough to establish our range. would utg1 do this with at or aj ever?

so basically, seems close to me.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think it's a close 3-bet if you think sb is bad enough to come along with a2 or whatever he holds. i think we are ahead of utg1 some of the time; the question to me is can he handread enough to establish our range. would utg1 do this with at or aj ever?

so basically, seems close to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to discount AT/AJ a little, because in 5-handed pot, there's a good chance he'd donk the flop hoping to get raised and maybe get some of the riff raff cleared out.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:15 AM

I is not scared of KQ just yet. My concern is in maximizing equity. However, the two concerns can be balanced in this situation. Calling should provide the same amount of money going into the pot as raising, but there is little risk involved. The risk that IS there, of course, is that you're letting SB draw to a possible gutterball, but the parlay of SB HAVING a 4outer AND hitting it is remote enough that you should not worry about it. Call here, raise the river if SB folds here, otherwise repeat plan on river. Might as well raise on a board pairing river because in that situation, still only one more big beat is going into the pot, but in this case, you have to have the best hand, UTG is still going to pay you off, but you can now safely get the extra monies from SB's call as well. I'd not like to raise a river of an ace or a Jack.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:39 AM

i think i three bet here, call down a 4 bet if no board pair

that is against someone who isnt that smart
Old 11-11-2007, 12:17 PM

I'm working off of 3 hours of sleep so if my answer seems off:

3 bet. could be tons of combos of a-3 a-10 maybe even a-q/a-k. he'd be hard pressed to cap here with a hand outside of k-q.

against certain opponents id consider a 3 bet as a free showdown UI (3 flush boards with a set when i put guy on baby flush), but on this board i still believe its for value until monkey boy proves otherwise.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:17 PM

you really have to be sure sb will keep drawing with his cheese, if he folds you are pretty close to 50/50 and he's capping better hands. also if the ep guy is good or is timid a 3bet may be very bad.. AT is really not in a great spot vs. your range here.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:51 PM

the thing i don't understand if this player really is pretty good postflop, how does he let just one bet go off on the flop with k-q? why is he giving himself no way to win UI? does he try to clean up some of his outs?

his hand to me (still working off 3 hours here) really looks like he paired the ace.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:07 PM

Seems like it depends on how UTG+1 sees you. If he knows you're a nit (i assume you are) then I think its just a call down (raise river if boat).

If he doesn't know you, then maybe its a 3-bet, but probably not. There are a lot more combos that you're ahead. AT (9), AJ (9), AK (12) vs. JJ (3), AA (3), or KQs (4). But, if you 3-bet then maybe he can fold the river if he doesn't make a boat with his AJ or AT, so you really aren't going to make any more money on these hands than just calling the turn and river. On the other hand you'll definetly lose a lot more to KQ, JJ, or AA if you 3-bet.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:10 AM

I 3-bet here. UTG+1 looks more like AK/AQ/AJ.

If you get 4-bet call down.