Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Mario Galaxy: 97 on Metacritic

Ok, got 120 stars --- cute, fun game. Nice graphics. Addicting to play - just need to get one more star. However, IMO very little replay value and not overly challenging. There are some tough levels, but overall it is all doable for an average video game player.

Solid game, but slightly overhyped.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:49 PM

question in white:<font color="white"> how do you beat or even hurt bowser when u have collected 60 stars? he just rolls up into that ball and mashes everything </font>
Old 11-22-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
question in white:<font color="white"> how do you beat or even hurt bowser when u have collected 60 stars? he just rolls up into that ball and mashes everything </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Answer: <font color="white"> I'm assuming you are talking about when he is a 'rock'. You need to spin hit him in the face when he is rolling around. </font> end
Old 11-22-2007, 03:23 PM

Can someone tell me why some planets have a King's Crown beside them and others do not?
Old 11-22-2007, 03:31 PM

a crown means that you've got all the stars for that particular planet.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why your extra lives get reset to 4 every time you restart. I guess it would be too easy if they didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they always have.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:08 AM

Part of the reason the game is pretty easy is that nearly everything is intuitive. One of my biggest gripes with SM64 was that the difficulty was from game mechanics (bad camera angles, etc).

There are some pretty decent challenges, especially when you're doing purple coins. But yeah, I have no doubt I could beat this game in a day. It's made even easier in co-op when P2 can paralyze most enemies.

Still, even though the game is easy it's still fun. I don't mind doing a bunch of easy tasks in a row when they're all fun and the environments are a treat. Playing it with a friend makes it even better.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why your extra lives get reset to 4 every time you restart. I guess it would be too easy if they didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they always have.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can easily get 11 when you start up. there's a little toad running around with a message from the princess and that gives you 5 extra lives. in a box by the garage there's a 1-up, and there's a 1-up by the kitchen observatory. you don't even need any of them though. it's easy enough to collect 1-ups as you play.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But yeah, I have no doubt I could beat this game in a day. It's made even easier in co-op when P2 can paralyze most enemies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fact it's likely even a decent gamer could beat the game in under a day is a big flaw for a game getting a 9.7 rating and being touted as the best platformer ever. I like the game and all, but I'm definitely let down by the difficulty level and FWIW I would rate Super Mario Sunshine higher than it.

I guess I should quit griping. It's basically impossible anyone would buy the game and be disappointed they did so, just that I doubt most people will be floored if they play videogames even infrequently.

One other thing I want to say is, has anyone acutally beat "Bouldergeist" when the Daredevil Comet is in orbit? That's the only part of the game I'm finding it insanely difficult, especially compared to the rest of the game.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But yeah, I have no doubt I could beat this game in a day. It's made even easier in co-op when P2 can paralyze most enemies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fact it's likely even a decent gamer could beat the game in under a day is a big flaw for a game getting a 9.7 rating and being touted as the best platformer ever. I like the game and all, but I'm definitely let down by the difficulty level and FWIW I would rate Super Mario Sunshine higher than it.

I guess I should quit griping. It's basically impossible anyone would buy the game and be disappointed they did so, just that I doubt most people will be floored if they play videogames even infrequently.

One other thing I want to say is, has anyone acutally beat "Bouldergeist" when the Daredevil Comet is in orbit? That's the only part of the game I'm finding it insanely difficult, especially compared to the rest of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one is bouldergeist (I'm bad at names) I'm in the 4th room, and have completed every star I can in the first 3, including the comet stars. Is he the one with the exploding ghosts? I thought that was surprisingly easy. Just pick a direction and run when he starts tossing rocks, then after they are all tossed grab a black ghost and blow something up.