Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-19-2007, 12:06 AM

Default Yep.

Villain is unknown.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5SB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, Hero
Old 10-19-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Yep.

i throw up in my mouth and call down.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i blurt obscenities and call down.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i write a PT query to figure out how much money i'm burning by calling down here

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2007, 02:33 AM

why are we betting this turn? there are more combos with a 9 or Q than there are with a 5 or a straight draw. why not check behind and let him bluff or value bluff the river?
Old 10-19-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why are we betting this turn? there are more combos with a 9 or Q than there are with a 5 or a straight draw. why not check behind and let him bluff or value bluff the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

rzk, i think the basic idea is that when he coldcalls out of the SB and then c/c's the flop he has something between k-hi and 88 the vast majority of the time. ppl don't usually c/c the flop with good pairs when the board is this drawy.

Betting twice vs. this range {decent SD hands worse than ours} is obviously the vast superior play.

That said, its pretty rare for ppl to c/r the turn with a good flushdraw or str8 draw, so our hand does not look good here anymore when we're raised on the turn.

ps-there is a good reason why ppl don't wait until the turn to raise their good draws here and that's cuz just about everybody nowadays, when they grit their teeth and bet the turn with A-hi or better, will call down all raises.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ps-there is a good reason why ppl don't wait until the turn to raise their good draws here and that's cuz just about everybody nowadays, when they grit their teeth and bet the turn with A-hi or better, will call down all raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

So that's the trend, huh? I was wondering last night. For the most part, I don't play limit anymore, but I was putting in some 0,5/1 hands in a (successful [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) effort to give my microscopic number of Stars hands at that limit a winrate on PT rather than a loss rate.

Mostly, I noticed what I noticed a couple of months ago when I last played 0.5/1 limit, which is that, damn, this is not the loose-passive game I would have expected at these micro-stakes one year ago, and, damn, the aggression here is really retarded.

But there was one other seemingly TAG guy at the table, and after folding 32o and whatnot about 10 times in a row to his Button steals, I finally got a hand to defend with (A7o). So I flopped an A and a 7, check-called the flop, checkraised the turn, got called down by 88, and thought, "wtf?"

But I guess now I know.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:57 AM

I fold this.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:42 AM

I pretty much always call this down, but I think I agree with mute that its not good. One thing to consider is that your two jacks take away a lot of straight draw semibluffing combos.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't bet this turn if i'm not 100% bet/folding for 100% bet/calling down

[/ QUOTE ]