Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 03:58 PM

Default How to extract from flopped trips?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $112.80
BB: $91.15
UTG: $46.45
UTG+1: $204.50
MP: $230.65
CO: $115.00
BTN: $203.60

Reads: <font color="blue">Villian is 15/9/5.0 over 300 hands with setmining tendencies</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $8.00</font>, Hero calls $7.00, BB folds

Flop: ($18) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $10.00</font>, Hero calls $10.00

Turn: ($38) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $16.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $32.00</font>, BTN calls $16.00

River: ($102) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $40.00</font>, BTN folds

Pot Size: $142.00 ($3 Rake)

Preflop my plan was to let villian hit TP and let him do all the postflop work. I'll admit I have some FPS in my game. How do you extract maximum from this line? My turn minraise was to feel out if he had the 4th K with a weak kicker and/or how aggressive he was going to play. Should I try $50 on the turn and risk a fold? I think in hindsight I could have made a smaller valuebet on river due to him just calling.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: How to extract from flopped trips?

3-bet preflop. Flop is fine as played, but turn you have to make it more than a minraise.. like to 60 at least, if he doesn't call, he wasn't gonna call river anyways. The key to getting value though is definitely 3-betting preflop.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet preflop. Flop is fine as played, but turn you have to make it more than a minraise.. like to 60 at least, if he doesn't call, he wasn't gonna call river anyways. The key to getting value though is definitely 3-betting preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

I also C/R flop a lot (as played is fine too). He'll have a hard time putting you on a good K given PF, and he probably isn't putting much money in w/o the case K anyways. I'm also C/R'ing flush draws/air here a lot...so it balances out ok for me.

As played, your turn min-raise looks super strong. C/C, C/R looks strong enough as it is...so just make it bigger and hope he comes along if you're going to take that line. River bet is also ridiculously small.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:09 PM

I would definitely 3bet this pf. I would probably lead flop after a pf 3bet.