Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: The Best Poster in SMP

what are you talking about? Mostly every post I've seen from you is correct, and you contribute quite a bit, especially in the science department
Old 11-30-2007, 01:09 PM

You are clearly not reading enough vhawk and Metric posts.

I have made lots of posts where I was wrong, dead wrong. I don't ever recall seing vhawk or Metric be wrong, for example.

But it's mnore than that. I guess I'm going to have to elaborate on why I think their [censored] don't stink. vhawk can say something in a paragraph better than I could have said in an essay. He has a way of cutting right to the heart of something and putting it in a light that just makes it obvious and intuitive. Metric knows his [censored] upside and down, and just posts the most interesting and insightful things. Not to mention the fact that I defy you to find a Metric OP that is not thought-provoking, and at some level profound.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vhawk can say something in a paragraph better than I could have said in an essay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'll give that the most weight in my Best list .
Chezlaw. He often squeezes clearly into a sentence concepts that would take me paragraphs to be unclear about AND he does it using highly technical terms like carrots and beer.

luckyme
Old 11-30-2007, 01:23 PM

Phil153 ftw.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil153 ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

I like Luckyme and Lestat a lot. Actually, I like a lot of you guys.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:42 PM

Also, it would be interesting to find out what kind of educational background our favorite posters have.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:53 PM

Yay popularity contests. The funniest and most entertaining threads I've read in here have been debates between Phil153 and Borodog, so I'll go with those two.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yay popularity contests.

[/ QUOTE ]

See what a mediocre SMP poster I am?

I rest my case.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:05 PM

Maybe it's because you and Sklansky are teachers that you think in such terms as 'best' (if DS isn't officially a teacher, he's for sure one in spirit).

To be honest, I don't have a best, because I'm not good at grading. Is Vhawk the most accurate? He's for sure among the top posters I like to read.

I can say that I believe one of the most underrated posters is luckyme. I always enjoy the slightly quirky and off the wall manner in which he presents a bit of logic. Maybe I just enjoy his brand of humor and style.

For sheer accuracy, I'd have to go with people like yourself, Borodog, DS, Vhawk, Pairthe board, Metric, and I'm sure I'm missing many (another reason why I don't like 'best' lists).

When it comes to math, no one impresses me more than BruceZ. Although I don't understand alot of the math topics, so could easily be missing people. I know PTB and others are also very astute in math.

I'd also have to mention people like Kurto and Chez in number of posts that I most enjoy reading. Not only for their logic, but for their eloquence and delivery. Very often while reading their posts, I'm thinking, "Yes! Yes! Exactly! I wish I would've said that!". I also enjoy midge, maxweiss, and again, I'm forgetting many.

But there are many other very worthy contributors. Bunny, NR, snowball, bobkl (sure I misspelled that), come to mind, but I'm going to be embarrassed at all the ones I'm forgetting.

Lastly, there are some posters who many would label as clearly NOT good, but who nevertheless put up posts that spark interesting debates.

So I'll leave 'best' for you guys to judge. But those I mentioned (and all who I'm forgetting), are some of the people that make SMP a place I like to check in on most days when I get the chance.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:17 PM

vhawk imo