Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting

Old 09-10-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Dancing With the Stars 5

Any early opinions on the cast. I've been able to make decent money the past 3 series on the series and am leaning towards Helio Castroneves for this season. He's currently 17/2 on bodog but I see him as the favorite for a few reasons.
1. He's a male athlete. Males have won 3 in a row and male athlete's the last 2.
2. He's partnered with Julianne (the blonde who won with Apolo) Julianne is super hot and is someone who gets votes on her own. Apolo hand picked Helio and he got placed with his partner.
3. His partner has said he's already ahead of Apolo at this stage last year and he should own on Latin style dances being Brazilian.
4. Looking at his ABC message board there are alot of positive posts from fans already. Compare his MB to some others who literally have 3-4 posts in them.

I'm going to put my 50 down on Helio and see how the season goes maybe I'll place another bet later, who does anyone else like?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Dancing With the Stars 5

I like your analysis. I'm gonna give this one a try at 8/1.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:47 PM

I got Maywesther on bodog to win it. 2/1
Old 09-28-2007, 02:43 AM

Good start to the show this week. Drew co-hosting is a lot better than the annoying Samantha.

Matchbook opened up a market for DWTS under their Current Events section. You can bet on who will win, and also on who will get eliminated this week. Already lots of offers there, anyone interested should check it out and make offers.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:01 PM

After 1 week, it looks like you did a great job, darko. Helio is now the favorite on Bodog at 11/4.

They're still offering Helio vs. Mayweather at -120 on both sides. Helio looks like great value there, as Mayweather was not nearly as strong as most thought he would be.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:24 PM

thanks man glad to help. Before even seeing the lines I said to myself that Helio is likely the betting favorite then when I saw the odds on bodog I jumped on it. I really don't see anyone else winning it but I think I'm going to hedge my bet with Sabrina in a week or two just to be safe. She's going to put up the highest scores week after week and I think her fan base is pretty large with the disney channel (look how far they carried Hannah Montana's dad)

I'm also looking at wayne newton -300 vs. mark cuban +200 on bodog. With those odds Cuban might be worth a shot. Wayne is garbage but likely has a decent fan base with Cheryl, but I think Cuban's got a fan base too and will outscore him. It's a toss up but with +200 odds that makes it worth a shot.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think her fan base is pretty large with the disney channel (look how far they carried Hannah Montana's dad)

[/ QUOTE ]

The fan base helped, but it was Billy Ray's effortless grace that carried him along. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also looking at wayne newton -300 vs. mark cuban +200 on bodog. With those odds Cuban might be worth a shot. Wayne is garbage but likely has a decent fan base with Cheryl, but I think Cuban's got a fan base too and will outscore him. It's a toss up but with +200 odds that makes it worth a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang it! Can't believe I forgot to have a pop at this prop. Aftereventing it shows on Bodog's odds page that Mark Cuban hit +220 to outlast Wayne Newton who was a surprising -340 favourite! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They're still offering Helio vs. Mayweather at -120 on both sides. Helio looks like great value there, as Mayweather was not nearly as strong as most thought he would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just got paid out on this one. Thanks!
Old 10-20-2007, 12:29 AM

Yeah 2-for-2. Very nice stuff.

The way this it's been going so far it's been all Sabrina (they're priming her up something rotten as though she will be the winner elect come what may) with maybe Cameron as her nearest challenger.