Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 10:20 AM

Default NL 10 Top set on suited board

I appologize I dont have the HH with me right now I will type it by memory and see how it goes.

I have all players in this hand covered to start. The table is 6 handed but I have just listed the 4 important people in this hand.

SB is ok at best but probably a losing player. SB is running around 35/12/1. BB is a moron and will shove on this flop with TPGK to make the people drawing fold. Ive seen him do it twice now. MP is a solid player and him and I have been trying to stay out of each others way.

Hero delt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP limps
CO folds
Hero raises to .40
SB, BB, MP all call.

Flop
A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets $1.5, BB raises to $8.3 and is all in, MP raises to $12.75 and is all in, Hero ????

I know this time I picked the right play but I wasnt sure if it was the right play all of the time. I would snap call if MP folded but his re-shove scared me.

Advice on anything is very helpful. Call or fold. (SB only has $5 behind and is probably folding based on previous play with him).
Old 11-13-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Re: NL 10 Top set on suited board

Calls. Even against a made flush you've got seven outs on the turn and ten on the river if you miss. If they've both just got one high diamond then you're miles ahead.

Plus, it's a massive pot. You stand to make over 200BB in one pot where you're winning it often enough to make the risk worthwhile.

Call call call.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:29 AM

Stack sizes? Especially SB's stack is relevant here. If you cover, I prolly shove this one... you have top set, people might be drawing, You have more than enough equity to a boat... push this.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:36 AM

SB had ~$5. Also I was pretty certain he was folding. Ive seen him fold this spot before (we've played a lot together).
Old 11-13-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I appologize I dont have the HH with me right now I will type it by memory and see how it goes.

I have all players in this hand covered to start. The table is 6 handed but I have just listed the 4 important people in this hand.

SB is ok at best but probably a losing player. SB is running around 35/12/1. BB is a moron and will shove on this flop with TPGK to make the people drawing fold. Ive seen him do it twice now. MP is a solid player and him and I have been trying to stay out of each others way.

Hero delt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP limps
CO folds
Hero raises to .40
SB, BB, MP all call.

Flop
A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets $1.5, BB raises to $8.3 and is all in, MP raises to $12.75 and is all in, Hero ????

I know this time I picked the right play but I wasnt sure if it was the right play all of the time. I would snap call if MP folded but his re-shove scared me.

Advice on anything is very helpful. Call or fold. (SB only has $5 behind and is probably folding based on previous play with him).

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, definately getting good odds to push/call a push. Even against a made flush + another hand drawing to the flush you are still 35% and this pot is too big to fold top set.

this might not be the best play but I would just call, hoping the SB/BB put some money in as well.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:41 AM

Thanks looks like I will play this differently in the future. I folded and MP who flopped the flush won (I wouldnt have hit a FH but that doesnt matter).

Is there any level you would fold here? Do you call here at $1/$2 under the same situation?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:14 AM

You are getting approximately 2:1, that means you need like 33% equity. back of the envelope calculation.

7 outs on turn = 7*4% = 28% equity
3 outs on river = 3*2 = 6%

So it's 34% equity against made flushes. And SB may call because of the odds and that makes it even better. The only scenario that would be real bad is set vs set vs set vs made flush (11% equity). But that's quite unlikely.

This is call, but it's not a major +EV spot I think.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any level you would fold here? Do you call here at $1/$2 under the same situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a math problem at this point, not a "level" problem. You're getting pot odds to call and hit your boat, and you just might even be ahead now, so call. It doesn't matter if this action happens at .01/.02 or 200/400, the odds are the same.