Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 09-03-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: QTs Live

Agree, turn bet was on the lame side. I realized it right after. I was all set up to get a freebie too if I so wanted.

Good and helpful responses except for Jlovescandys:
[ QUOTE ]
virtually every street is dicked way up in there, imo...

[/ QUOTE ]

I really do like critique on my play but come on dude, if your'e gonna say something like that than back it with some advice or something with a semblence of an explanation so I as well as others can MAYBE benefit.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:58 AM

I'd support the turn bet if I thought it would get anybody out who caught a part of the flop.

Normally I wouldn't think it could, but you somehow managed to get it headsup so hooray for that.

I expect to lose this hand most of the time on the river, so value betting isn't crossing my mind.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree, turn bet was on the lame side. I realized it right after. I was all set up to get a freebie too if I so wanted.

Good and helpful responses except for Jlovescandys:
[ QUOTE ]
virtually every street is dicked way up in there, imo...

[/ QUOTE ]

I really do like critique on my play but come on dude, if your'e gonna say something like that than back it with some advice or something with a semblence of an explanation so I as well as others can MAYBE benefit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello, I am Johnny's savior and will answer on his behalf...

Let's begin preflop: raise is marginal, so take it or leave it and let's move on...

Flop: why do you raise here? You're not protecting you're hand, and you may well be behind. There's not even a spade on board, giving you a very weak draw. You're simply adding value to other better hands/stronger draws by raising.

Turn: Just check here. This card did not improve your hand so you're probably still behind, and a bet is not going to get others to fold because the pot's too big.

River: No reason to bet, imo. Any jack or a bigger ten beats you.

Please forgive dear Johnny, he honestly tries his dearest to help. May God be with you...
Old 09-03-2007, 01:44 AM

My two cents:

PF: I guess the raise is OK. Were you hoping the maniac in the BB would 3 town it blind and you might fold out some of the limpers? I usually would limp here, but the more I think about it, I like your raise.

Flop: I am in favor of merely calling the flop, as the raise does not protect your hand and you're probably behind.

Turn: Once you raised on the flop though, I like the turn bet. Bad players calling 2 bets one at a time on a flop of TJ3r could have almost any two (just a 9,Q or K might cause them to call, not to mention backdoor flush draws). If you check this turn, you're going to get bet at on the river and probably need to call.

River: Check. She's not dropping a hand that beats you for 1 bet. The reason to bet the turn, IMO, is to eliminate opponents and then check behind UI on the river.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:25 AM

-grunch-

i dont get a flop raise. so many oponents we have to be beat. whats the trick? plz explaine
Old 09-03-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
-grunch-

i dont get a flop raise. so many oponents we have to be beat. whats the trick? plz explaine

[/ QUOTE ]

He is raising because he thinks he has the best hand right now and wants to charge them more money to draw.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-grunch-

[/ QUOTE ]

He is raising because he thinks he has the best hand right now and wants to charge them more money to draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

and could others confirm that thats the right play here?
doest it look wrong only to me?
Old 09-03-2007, 12:56 PM

Well, I could have taken the free card as played cause I was totally set up to do so on the turn. I Opted not to cause of my image at the time. Also with the SB betting on the flop and that many callers my flop raise now doesn't look to hot unless I do think I do have the best hand and it is for value. I wasn't automatically putting SB on a J or T just yet cause as my read stated she had been showing down marg stuff. I was able to get it HU with her.

I guess this is just a different line I took with this hand than the standard, call the flop, SB bets into the field again & I fold the turn UI etc.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wasn't automatically putting SB on a J or T just yet cause as my read stated she had been showing down marg stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then what are you putting her on and will it call?
Old 09-03-2007, 01:19 PM

Not giving her credit just yet.