Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums

Old 06-22-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Affiliates/Rakeback forum closing, now what?

It has been announced that the Affiliates/Rakeback forum will be closing at the end of the month. Regulars of that forum are wondering what is now to become of RB discussion on 2+2. Some possible scenarios:

1) Discussion of RB is allowed in the Internet Bonuses forum.
2) Discussion of RB will only be allowed in the sponsored RB forums, which will remain where they are.
3) Discussion of RB will only be allowed in the sponsored RB forums, one or both of which could be moved to the position where A/R now is.
4) General RB discussion (IE other than questions directed to the sponsors in the existing sponsored forums) will not be allowed.
5) ???

Thoughts?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Affiliates/Rakeback forum closing, now what?

1) Unfair to us who also have a sponsored place for rakeback discussions

2) We can live with that, or somehow Merge the 2 exsisting rakeback forums (What is left of the network after ThisIstheNuts and Rakebreak sold?) RTR would have to agree to something like that

3) Obviously for this

4) Meh..
Old 06-22-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so if we had a Taco-Bell forum, it would be unfair to allow Chipotle discussion in a different forum?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the case today with the A/R forum in place. Unless you mean the fact that RTR sponsors the IB forum.

[ QUOTE ]
2) We can live with that, or somehow Merge the 2 exsisting rakeback forums (What is left of the network after ThisIstheNuts and Rakebreak sold?) RTR would have to agree to something like that

[/ QUOTE ]
This would be the ideal for 2+2 members, but I don't know how realistic this is for you and the Rakeback Network, or if this addresses the concerns of the Admins IRT the current setup.

[ QUOTE ]
3) Obviously for this

4) Meh..

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-22-2007, 01:01 AM

Ya Bobo, that is exactly what I meant. Since RTR already sponsors the IB forum. It would be like (If I might use the other posters example) If we sponsored a Taco Bell forum, then suddenly you attached rakeback to it.

I think it would be a little unfair to RTR if that happend.

As far as the rakeback network, I am not sure how much of that is left to be honest with the selling of 2 sites \ new ownership, but I guess that is up to RTR.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya Bobo, that is exactly what I meant. Since RTR already sponsors the IB forum. It would be like (If I might use the other posters example) If we sponsored a Taco Bell forum, then suddenly you attached rakeback to it.

I think it would be a little unfair to RTR if that happend.

As far as the rakeback network, I am not sure how much of that is left to be honest with the selling of 2 sites \ new ownership, but I guess that is up to RTR.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is not what i was saying at all.

i view the sponsored forums as specific discussion regarding the services you provide. if someone is using somebody else, it is none of your business and you shouldn't be allowed to restrict their discussion in other forums.

it makes it look like you are trying to force people to use you or not be allow to freely discuss the topic at all and that stinks imo.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:28 AM

You make some good points, By-Tor, but this situation is a little unique. RTR sponsors the IB forum. RTR is also part of the Rakeback Network, the sponsor of one of the sponsored rakeback forums - RakeReduction is the other. I can see the cause for concern if RB discussion is moved to IB...although that would be convenient for 2+2 members.

I should add I have no personal bias here...I am actually a very happy customer of both RTR and RakeReduction.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:51 AM

Rakeback can still be discussed in any of the sponsored forums. That's where I want it to be discussed.

If the sponsor of the internet bonus forum discourages open conversation, that will drive more people to the other forums like yours. That seems like it would be positive for you.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:20 AM

Mat,

I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind.

1) Are there any plans to move the sponsored RB forums up to where the A/R forum is now? No one's suggested this would happen, I just thought it might be an interesting idea.

2) If I understand your last post correctly, 2+2 will allow RB discussion in the IB forum, as long as the sponsor (RTR) is okay with it...is that correct?
Old 06-22-2007, 04:05 AM

I have the same understanding about IB but it will require RTR to agree. I'm really on the sidelines here. I mod IB and A/R, I just want to know what everyone expects. Party rakeback has been banned from A/R but woth the recent Party affiliate issues I have been a bit lenient with the discussions there as long as they were rakeback request threads.