Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 04:03 AM

Default was this really traheho?

I played 2-4NL for a few hours with some guy at Club One in Fresno, 30ish, who claimed he was traheho. He gave a lot of detail about winning FTOPS, playing high stakes 200-400 heads up matches, struggling in the 1k-2k limit games, etc. Went on and on about how he's underestimated and everyone thinks he's a fish but he's been winning tons of money, etc. He also said he has a day job and is working on a BA in Business Management or something like that at Fresno State. Said he has never read 2+2, and said he "may have" played a guy named "Grimstarr" but didn't really know who he was. He had a couple funny stories about losing hundreds of thousands of dollars playing blackjack. As for his play, he made a few really good moves as well as a few pretty donkish moves, and he played a ton of hands. I figured he must be lying, but it seemed like a really weird story to make up.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:12 AM

Default Re: was this really traheho?

[ QUOTE ]
I played 2-4NL for a few hours with some guy at Club One in Fresno, 30ish, who claimed he was traheho. He gave a lot of detail about winning FTOPS, playing high stakes 200-400 heads up matches, struggling in the 1k-2k limit games, etc. Went on and on about how he's underestimated and everyone thinks he's a fish but he's been winning tons of money, etc. He also said he has a day job and is working on a BA in Business Management or something like that at Fresno State. Said he has never read 2+2, and said he "may have" played a guy named "Grimstarr" but didn't really know who he was . He had a couple funny stories about losing hundreds of thousands of dollars playing blackjack. As for his play, he made a few really good moves as well as a few pretty donkish moves, and he played a ton of hands. I figured he must be lying, but it seemed like a really weird story to make up.

[/ QUOTE ]

erm, no
Old 05-15-2007, 04:23 AM

do you know what beef is?
Old 05-15-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I played 2-4NL for a few hours with some guy at Club One in Fresno, 30ish, who claimed he was traheho. He gave a lot of detail about winning FTOPS, playing high stakes 200-400 heads up matches, struggling in the 1k-2k limit games, etc. Went on and on about how he's underestimated and everyone thinks he's a fish but he's been winning tons of money, etc. He also said he has a day job and is working on a BA in Business Management or something like that at Fresno State. Said he has never read 2+2, and said he "may have" played a guy named "Grimstarr" but didn't really know who he was . He had a couple funny stories about losing hundreds of thousands of dollars playing blackjack. As for his play, he made a few really good moves as well as a few pretty donkish moves, and he played a ton of hands. I figured he must be lying, but it seemed like a really weird story to make up.

[/ QUOTE ]

erm, no

[/ QUOTE ]

small chance he was being coy and trying to emphasize that he thought grimstarr was a nobody. like, "grimstarr? who's he? i play a lot of guys." also assuming he's fake, this makes it unlikely that he got his info from 2+2. maybe a friend or relative...
Old 05-15-2007, 05:57 AM

obv, but why wouldnt he admit he knows you and call you a douche etc.?
Old 05-15-2007, 05:58 AM

if the guy's name was alec torreli (or he showed an id saying that name), id be inclined to think he didnt make it up.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:07 AM

i didn't get his real name. he did say that the name "traheho" was some kind of a dedication to a friend of his who died in a car accident when he was young. seems like a creepy thing to make up.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:10 AM

not him. he is vacationing out of the country
Old 05-15-2007, 06:33 AM

weirdo
Old 05-15-2007, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i didn't get his real name. he did say that the name "traheho" was some kind of a dedication to a friend of his who died in a car accident when he was young. seems like a creepy, yet hysterical thing to make up.

[/ QUOTE ]