Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 06:10 PM

Default 50nl ATs line check

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP1 ($65.55)
Hero ($49.25)
CO ($25.80)
Button ($63.95)
SB ($32.25)
BB ($48.30)
UTG ($58.10)
UTG+1 ($50)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls $2, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($6.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, UTG calls $4.50.

Turn: ($15.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: ($15.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $23.25

Villain is unkown, just sat down. Comments?
Old 05-11-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: 50nl ATs line check

I think this looks fine without any reads or stats.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:59 PM

What hands really call your river bet that you beat?

77/88/99 who don't "believe" that you'd have checked your ace on the turn? Maybe. I doubt it. A weaker ace? Maybe, but many of the weaker aces now have a full house!?

You could make a case for betting 1/2 pot on the turn, and checking behind on the river. But if you take this line, you'd need to fold to a big c/r on the turn.

I usually limp ATs from MP, then I would have been out .5 when I c/f this flop.

If I did raise pf, then I'd have checked behind on this flop and taken a free card. This is an ideal flop for some guy with a mid overpair or a draw or pair+draw to c/r me off my cb. So, I'd just check and take a free card. You don't always have to cb since if your pfr is &gt;3 villain will know that you don't REALLY have an overpair everytime you bet at a low flop and he'll c/r you out of your cb.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:05 PM

albert you seem to play an incredibly tight passive, only bet when really strong game
Old 05-11-2007, 11:16 PM

line is fine. I double barrel often on the Ace turn w/ air, so I'll also bet when I actually have the A for balance. Checking is fine for pot control/deception however.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Value betting this river is mandatory. I expect to get looked up in spots like this with tons of crap. OP played the hand well.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
albert you seem to play an incredibly tight passive, only bet when really strong game

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I raise suited connectors, semi-connectors, and mid-pairs in EP and MP much more than AQ or AJ or AT. Every day I see all kinds of TPWK hands with AQ and AJ and AT OOP for big pots all because the hero raised preflop. And every day it seems like the mistake was raising preflop in MP or EP. It's a small hand that should play for a small pot. Now those other, smaller hands, have bigger potential for hidden draws and monsters. So, while they are "worse" hot and cold, they are better than TP when/if I choose to go to the felt with them on a flop or turn.

If I open raise 45s UTG and flop Q82, then a cb wins or I give up. If I flop 36A, then I cb and have all kinds of outs if I get called or min-rainsed. My pfr is 7%, whichi is low, but still not uber-nitty. My VPIP is high, 24%, but most of that is button and LP play with all kinds of trashy hands in position that I use to steal or flop decent, unexpected hands and draws in position. And my total agg post flop is 2.2 with 1.7 on the turn. So far, at 10K hands since I came back to online play, I'm 4.5 PTBB/100.

But, AQ and AJ stink IMHO for open raising in EP and MP at full ring. They're too good to fold, but not good enough to raise. I'll raise 45s in EP/MP, but limp or fold with AQ or AJ in EP/MP at full ring. After all, with 45s, if I cb on a QT2 flop and get c/r'ed I fold easily. If I cb on a 367 flop and get c/r'ed, then I'm up vs a set or 2-pair and I'm going to the felt a favorite. And if I cb on a Q72 flop and villain doesn't have at least TP, I win with a naked cb.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Value betting this river is mandatory. I expect to get looked up in spots like this with tons of crap. OP played the hand well.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your plan if check-raised? Call? People love to play A-trash-suited. Any action on this river is trouble.

I think betting on the turn in case villain was drawing, and checking behind on the river in case he's being cagy is better than check behind on the turn and betting the river.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:22 AM

You should bet more on this river.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should bet more on this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think you've focusing too much on your own hand here. You raised pf. You cb'ed all low cards. You checked the ace. You bet the river. Villain will put you on TT-KK and maybe a slow-played A. He probably won't put you on missed paint. So why would he call with a low pair? And if he has an ace, it is either a bigger kicker than T or a full house more often than something we beat.

I still think betting the turn and checking the river is better than checking the turn and betting the river.