Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Poker Tracker

Howdy, everyone. Can you guy's tell me what's so good about this program? Share your experiences, pros and cons of the software, etc. Thanks a lot.

Note: This is an official discussion thread made by myself to go with a FAQ for the SSNL forum. Please help out by responding. Thanks again.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker

pokertracker is a great program for keeping track of your performance. it tracks what money youve lost at each level (1/2, 2/4, etc) and what your winrate it. it provides statistics which you can use to analyze your play like vpip, a measure of how many times you voluntarily put money into the pot, which is a general way of seeing how tight you are preflop. it records how many times you won a hand at showdown, how many times you raised preflop. it records almost every conceivable statistic. it also tell you how you are doing with each hand. you can see stats for AK, AKs, AQ, 55, etc. This helps you to see if you are overplaying a hand, and can help you find a leak in your game.

thats a start...
Old 08-25-2005, 10:28 PM

pokertracker is a great program, it shows your any statistic you want about any player you've played with, once you get a a large enough sample it helps you make reads better playing 6 tables than you would be able to if you were playing 1 table and paying attention. So many times it has helped me fold a good hand when I know im against a monster from someone who has very tight stats, and also know when to play my mediocre hands more aggresively against opponents with loose stats. The only con I have had with this program is that sometimes I instantly put the villian in the hand on either the nuts or a mediocre hand based on their stats, weak tight players dont always need the nuts to bet, and loose players do flop big hands too.
Noah
Old 08-25-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-26-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Poker Tracker *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky
Old 08-26-2005, 10:27 AM

I found Poker Tracker v2.06 on P2P . I used Emule and found it on there so you might want to check that out. You probably could get it free.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:55 AM

Helps identify which players to steal blinds from. If the SB and BB are tight (low VPIPs), then blind steals are usually more successful.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:49 PM

Thanks, guys!
Old 08-26-2005, 01:58 PM

Don't forget there are two overlay HUDs that feed off PT and are free. Game Time + and Poker Ace HUD. I have used both and prefere Poker Ace because it is easier to use while Game Time display is a little slicker. Either is a must with PT.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found Poker Tracker v2.06 on P2P . I used Emule and found it on there so you might want to check that out. You probably could get it free.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get the most recent version free on the pokertracker site too. You can import 1,000 hands before you need to register it.