Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation

Old 08-04-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Rakeback done?

[ QUOTE ]
If the regs are strong and actively enforced but players find ways to play. Will rakeback be over?

[/ QUOTE ]

An explanation of how rakeback works might help answer the question. Affiliates get paid a percentage of the monthly rake generated by players they refer to the poker site. They give the majority of the commission to the players themselves. That's rakeback. Very few poker rooms run the rakeback deals completely themselves. (WSEX is the only one I know of).

That's why you have to create your account through the rakeback portal's links/bonus codes to get rakeback.

Taking Full Tilt for example. High volume affiliates get paid 35% revenue share. They give 27% to the players, and keep 8%. Pretty simple stuff.

Sooooooo, the short answer is. As long as the poker sites don't cut out affiliate revenue share, you won't have to worry about losing rakeback.

By way of reference, I've been paying rakeback players for 3+ years at all the major sites. The only thing that would make me stop is jail time or if the poker rooms quit paying us for players we've referred.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very few poker rooms run the rakeback deals completely themselves. (WSEX is the only one I know of).

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars is another site which is giving rakeback directly to players (called VIP reward bonus).
Old 08-04-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Very few poker rooms run the rakeback deals completely themselves. (WSEX is the only one I know of).

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars is another site which is giving rakeback directly to players (called VIP reward bonus).

[/ QUOTE ]
A couple of OnGame sites and a few other Euro-sites handle it themselves as well now. Don't know if it's enough to be called a trend, but I think more sites see it as an alternative.