Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Attn: Admins...I.P. block needed.

TT,

1) Calling 2+2 a "like minded community" is utter crap.
2) Extending that umbrella to the lurkers is utter crap.
3) I'm hugely shocked that there are newspapers that aren't total jokes that have under 100k readers a week in major cities.
4) I think your conclusions about the lobbying power of 2+2 are likely flawed. There are two sides to a market. Just because "we" don't like one provider's actions on a matter doesn't mean we will like another's, especially when there is a very limited supply of providers.
5) Thinking that there's any way that anyone involved with this site, Mason, El Diablo, Jman, whatever, could successfully convince everyone to stop playing on a site because they have a problem with the operation that doesn't involve them rigging games or stealing money is so stupid it's laughable.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Attn: Admins...I.P. block needed.

[ QUOTE ]
5) Thinking that there's any way that anyone involved with this site, Mason, El Diablo, Jman, whatever, could successfully convince everyone to stop playing on a site because they have a problem with the operation that doesn't involve them rigging games or stealing money is so stupid it's laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to re-read what I typed, I think you misunderstood what I was trying to convey. It wouldn't happen because its not something that is in 2+2 interests, but if suddenly Mason decided to stick his neck out for something as trivial as this - there would be results. And I don't mean in the form of a boycott of a site as you assumed - I agree the lobbying power of the posters isn't as strong as so many people think, the true power is in Mason's hands alone. Its in the best interests of the company to keep Mason happy if they want to continue to brand to this audience. I think thats as far as I'd like to discuss this, since this power is something that Mason hasn't used(or abused)to date - but there is no denying that it exists - he has become a powerful industry force behind the scenes.

marketing 101 - 2+2 is viewed as a like minded community within the eyes of brands looking to reach the poker aficionado demographic. There is no argument here, its a fact. I'd stake my career on this statement, as a publisher I need to quote off stats and figures every day to brands looking to communicate with an audience of readers.

your comment on lurkers - they really are the true marketing value of 2+2. At the top of the marketing pyramid are the fist adopters - people like us who influence many others. We are small in numbers, but our consumer decisions and viral ability to sway the consumer habits of others are very valuable. Below us are the trend definers, the trend setters, and the mass market. The mass market is what people want when they advertise with 2+2, but without the trend definers and first adopters there would be no value ion the mass market of course. There is no denying the lurkers would die off if the regulars weren't as visible of course - but thats another subject.

daily newspaper circ is viewed as an average of each day's circulation over the period of a week, which is then amortized over the period within the audit frame. Some examples include NY's Newsday @ 398,231, and The Boston Globe @ 382,503, Los Angeles Times @ 815,723, Review-Journal's @ 165,000 and The Washington Post @ 699,130. When media buyers analyze circulation they look at the total reach (circ *readers per copy), and multiply that by the qualified audience (commonly in the range of 10-35% for most brands) to determine the total qualified reach and total qualified circulation. For example if brand XYZ views the Washington Post has having a 13% qualified audience the qualified circulation will be 90,886. Since 2+2 is considered a like minded community with a captured audience the qualified audience for the average 2+2 advertisers such as an online poker room is 100% reach - a captive audience, which is much more valuable that the overreach provided with the Washington Post.

I'm rushing out the door (gotta get a tan on this lovely afternoon), I just read over and made some quick fixes to my post but parts of it read a little heavy handed. Thats not my intention, but i don't have the time to fix it - I hope you can read the smiles between the lines [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]