Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 10:10 AM

Default Re: I have to call this right? Was I too aggressive on my draw?

[ QUOTE ]
However, when I only make it 2700 to go you can only raise and get half your stack in allowing me to make the final raise and put you to the decision. I did this on purpose since I figured if you 3 bet on a flush draw or a hand like AJ I would still have enough FE to get you off of it. While I knew you were a decent player I figured you might reraise me and still fold to a push with 30BBs with some hands.

I think when I made it 2700 you should have just called the extra 1800 realizing that you couldn't get all in and force me into a call/fold only decision. If you missed the turn you could still call a pot sized bet getting 2:1 (correct odds) to the river and still have 30 BB if you wiffed the river also.

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me I'm not good at poker.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:17 PM

Default Re: I have to call this right? Was I too aggressive on my draw?

1) Ok so it seems that not many people have a problem with my pre-flop call with the stacks so deep. So far so good.

2)My flop play it seems would have been far better suited to a No Limit game, where my 3-bet would be an all-in, putting Badgerpro to a fold/call decision.

As this was Pot Limit it seems that a pot lead out rather than a deliberately weak looking bet might have been the better option. If Badgerpro triples this I can push enough of my chips in to give him 0 fold equity. The drawback of this play to me seems that he probably doesn't play back at me with air, when he might play back at the weak looking bet.

3)This was probably a silly question; I know I have to call this but was just making sure.

4)I honestly thought when you pushed you HAD to have at least JT, but felt I had to call anyway. My plan all along was to get you to fold a hand like TPTK (which I'm sure you would have folded) or overpair (which is obviously a much closer call), while being in a coin flip (probably) if it came to it.

Anyway, thanks for your response. Your play was far more well thought out than I thought it was at the time. I think that my play was more well thought out than it probably appeared at the time too. This shows why you are one of the top tournament players at this level... and I'm on my way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And to everyone else, thanks for the advice.

For those of you interested in the results...

Of course I called.

Badgerpro flips Ks-Kc.

Turn fills my flush.

River fills his flush, without filling my straight flush [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

No complaints though... harsh way to lose, but it was a coinflip when the money went in. NH!