Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 04:51 AM

Default You\'ll not be allowed to play from a US ISP addy under any circumstan

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but I recieved the following inside an email from PP that you may wish to sticky:

With reference to your email, you can play PartyPoker.com from
Hong-Kong, South Korea and Singapore but not from Thailand. As Thailand is
considered a blocked country.

As per the deposit option available in that period you will be able to
make a deposit and play.

Please be informed, Only if you are accessing the site from outside the
United States then only you can play.

If your PartyAccount is registered with a US address, you will not be
able to place wagers on our sites, regardless of your location when
accessing your account. If your registration does not properly reflect your
address, you may contact customer service and, upon providing
verification for your new address, your registered address can be changed.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:05 AM

Default Re: You\'ll not be allowed to play from a US ISP addy under any circumstan

So since I live near canadian border, I could get apartment there, change my address for party purposes and play there?

How about if I got the apartment for a bit in canada, changed address with party, then came back home to states and played through proxy? Would that work?
Old 10-04-2006, 05:06 AM

Default Re: You\'ll not be allowed to play from a US ISP addy under any circumstan

So anyone with a somehow "verified" foreign address, and coming from a non US IP can play. This could get interesting.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So since I live near canadian border, I could get apartment there, change my address for party purposes and play there?

How about if I got the apartment for a bit in canada, changed address with party, then came back home to states and played through proxy? Would that work?

[/ QUOTE ]
Proving residency in Canada may be a lot harder than you think. It is easy to go over and get a case of Brador and drink at 19 as a visitor, but getting premission to do "residency" things is very difficult.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:09 AM

Default Re: You\'ll not be allowed to play from a US ISP addy under any circums

The US fish will not be jumping through these hoops to fund their Party accounts, so I don't know why you people even bother to speculate about this stuff. Party's US traffic will be migrating to other sites, so unless you have some perverse fondness for the Party software, you should do the same.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Party catches on to your manipulations it may be grounds to jack your $. Who knows...
Old 10-04-2006, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Proving residency in Canada may be a lot harder than you think. It is easy to go over and get a case of Brador and drink at 19 as a visitor, but getting premission to do "residency" things is very difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm sure Party's address verification process will be intensely rigorous--since we know how thorough Party has always been in the past when it comes to every aspect of their business.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Party catches on to your manipulations it may be grounds to jack your $. Who knows...

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a concern.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:13 AM

Default Re: You\'ll not be allowed to play from a US ISP addy under any circums

[ QUOTE ]
The US fish will not be jumping through these hoops to fund their Party accounts, so I don't know why you people even bother to speculate about this stuff. Party's US traffic will be migrating to other sites, so unless you have some perverse fondness for the Party software, you should do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]
So true!
Old 10-04-2006, 05:14 AM

"The US fish will not be jumping through these hoops to fund their Party accounts, so I don't know why you people even bother to speculate about this stuff."

I make more $ than you. Thats why.