Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Shot at the 5/10: Lost with TT and river decision with middle pair...

Decided to take a shot at the 5/10. I saw a fish on from my buddy list playing at a specific table so I went there. Fish left but I decided to stay anyway.

Villian is the same player in both hands. Earlier I saw him check raise with AK OOP on a J high non coordinated flop, then check the turn and river after an A fell on 5th street. I have villian as a 21/18/3.6 through 300 hands.

I was playing 21/17/3.44 this session and haven't showed down a hand yet.

Hand 1: Ultmiate Bet $5/$10 NL 6 max, 5 handed.

Stack sizes:
SB: $1005
Hero: $1343
Villian: $883

Preflop:
Hero raises to $35 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], villian calls, 1 fold, SB calls, BB fold.

Flop($115): 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, hero bets $90, villian calls, SB calls.

Turn($385): 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, hero checks, villian checks.

River($385): 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, hero checks, villian bets $300, SB folds, hero...

What could villian really have here that beats me? If he was slowplaying a set or a 9, wouldn't he have bet the turn? Why would he bet 88 and lower on the river in a multi-way pot? Is this an easy call? I tried to think of it as a $30 bet at the $0.50/$1.00, or a $60 bet at the $1/$2. I'm obviously not used to calling $300 river bets.

Hand 2: Ultimate Bet $5/$10 NL 6 max, 6 handed.

This hand occurred several orbits later vs. the same villian.

Stack sizes:
Villian(BB): $1855
Hero(button): $1253

Preflop:
3 folds, Hero raises to $35 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], SB folds, villian calls.

Flop($75): 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
villian checks, hero bets $60, villian check raises to $200, hero calls $140.

Turn($475): 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
villian checks, hero checks.

River($475) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
villian bets $300, hero...

Should I have 3-bet him on the flop? I should've bet the turn as it is a scare card to both of us. Do you call this on the river?

Comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Shot at the 5/10: Lost with TT and river decision with middle pai

I call in hand 1 out of confusion, and because he could even be value betting worse possibly. Hand 2 is close.....He could easily have Axs or he could have c/rd flop with A high and hit the turn. His bet really looks like he's going for value too so I'd prob just muck it.