Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 01:34 AM

Default Negreanu hand: online report vs. his blog

DN is giving updates via text message to his message board. Here's how he reported a hand:

9:13 PM - "I just played a super intense hand. Utg makes it 1100 guy calls. I call with 44. Button calls. Bb calls. Flop 345 rainbow. All check to me and I check. Button bets 4000. Bb calls utg calls! I had no idea what to do. I studied all the players hard and raised it to 10k. Button folds bb calls utg folds. Turn J. Bb checks and I go in the tank. Eventually I go all in. He folds. 54k now!"

and on pokernews....

Daniel Negreanu just picked up a nice pot that as usual with Negreanu involved lots of table talk.

Five players saw a flop of 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The action was checked to the button who bet 4,000. Two players called before it got back to Negreanu, who then made it 10,000, saying "I'm not worried about you (pointing at one of the players), I'm worried about him." The button folded and the player in seat one made the call.

The action was then on the player Negreanu was "worried" about. "I'm not worried about you, Daniel, I'm worried about him!" he said, indicating the player who had called Daniel's raise. He then flashed pocket aces to the crowd behind him before mucking them.

The turn card was the J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Negreanu's opponent checked, Negreanu moved all in, and his opponent mucked.

Someone said "show the bluff," to which Negreanu replied "Bluff? Do you think I'm gonna check-raise 19 people for my tournament life? I could beat three 3's. You're smart . . . you figure it out."

Negreanu is now up to 52,000. I think a lot of people are worried.
-----------------------

Can you trust any board they report??
Old 07-10-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Negreanu hand: online report vs. his blog

Those are two different hands. This is the hand he flopped the JJ set with...at least I think so. He did say after all that he has been flopping a lot of sets
Old 07-10-2007, 02:13 AM

I'm pretty sure it's the same hand. Look at the betting. Plus goofyballer was at the table and recounted the hand as such:

"An orbit or two later, I have 76s UTG and fold. UTG+1 makes it 1100, Negreanu + LAG + kid to my right call, flop 543r. Long story short, lots of chips go in (28k on flop, Negreanu shoves on J turn and kid check-folds) and it turns out I would have been up against UTG+1's AA and Negreanu's 44. I know I'm being results-oriented but it's totally annoying to think that I could have won a sick huge pot just before going busto."
Old 07-10-2007, 05:33 AM

i tried to find it in his blog, no success...
where is it in his blog?
do u have the link?
ty!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:56 AM

nice table talk in a multiway pot.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i tried to find it in his blog, no success...
where is it in his blog?
do u have the link?
ty!

[/ QUOTE ]

general discussion in poker forum
Old 07-10-2007, 12:51 PM

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poke...owtopic=103261

at 9:13pm...